Need help!!!!

Hamilton184215

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
I was gifted an 820XL because it had a siezed auger and the owner didnt want to fix it. I cleared the jam and put it all back together. My problem is, i am having issues where the motor wont feed and gets "stuck" in place in a "deadzone". Is there supposed to b a gap between the motor and the burn box platform under the motor? Is the motor supposed to "slap" around back and forth? Please help!!!! I have things to smoke!!!!!

DaveXDm9

Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
I was gifted an 820XL because it had a siezed auger and the owner didnt want to fix it. I cleared the jam and put it all back together. My problem is, i am having issues where the motor wont feed and gets "stuck" in place in a "deadzone". Is there supposed to b a gap between the motor and the burn box platform under the motor? Is the motor supposed to "slap" around back and forth? Please help!!!! I have things to smoke!!!!!

Yes, the motor is not fixed it supposed to flap around, but view this video from Pit Boss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hamilton184215

Reaction score
Thanks. I used that video to take it apart and clear the jam when i got it. Afyer doingsome web searching i think the gears in the motor might have some busted teeth leading to my dead zone issue.

DaveXDm9

Staff member
Reaction score
you can get a cheaper auger motor on Ebay or just go to Pit Boss to order a replacement.

Latest Discussions