🔥 What's Smoking/Cooking on your Pit Boss?

Almost time to take them off. Have it back on the smoke setting for the last hour trying not to over do them. Brother in law sent us a house warming gift with Michigan items. One of them was a Michigan made BBQ sauce so I am trying that out on these ribs.

My next rack, whenever that will be, will do unwrapped and no rub just to see what they are like.

Here they are now, can come off the smoker at any time.

F697CC95-70C4-4A8B-96DB-617D8ADFC6F6.jpeg

Almost time to take them off. Have it back on the smoke setting for the last hour trying not to over do them. Brother in law sent us a house warming gift with Michigan items. One of them was a Michigan made BBQ sauce so I am trying that out on these ribs.

My next rack, whenever that will be, will do unwrapped and no rub just to see what they are like.

View attachment 3145
Texas style S& P and let em rock.

Turned out good. Not fall of the bone but I didn't want them to this time. I cooked them on smoke (around 150) for over 3 hours then wrapped and turned up to 225. Then unwrapped and put back in smoke mode. Not the best cut of ribs but they were pretty good.

What's this here sauce...
3 2 1 ribs on the stick burner with Fireboard Temperature Controler.
I took this ole Charbroil smoker and reversed the lid, then added a heat control plate under the grates making it a reverse flow unit. The original set up would be extremely hot near the firebox. But these ribs finished evenly.

Attachments

• 50299.jpeg
    50299.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 50302.jpeg
    50302.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 50307.jpeg
    50307.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 50310.jpeg
    50310.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 20

View attachment 3145
Lookin good!

Smoking a corned beef tomorrow. I've already soaked and seasoned it tonight. Ready to just throw it on my Austin XL in the morning. Will update as I go, unless the train comes off the rails.
Yessir. Looking forward to hearing how this one comes out for sure!

Smoking a corned beef tomorrow. I've already soaked and seasoned it tonight. Ready to just throw it on my Austin XL in the morning. Will update as I go, unless the train comes off the rails.

I don't think I'm off the rails yet, so I'll tempt fate and post an update. I'm 2 hours in and have had it on the Smoke setting since 8:00 AM. The temp near the brisket has probably been averaging 185 degrees. I'm using a smoke tube and I put in a small water pan since I'm not planning to spritz. Pellets are a Traeger blend that I bought at Costco, both in the hopper and tube. Hoping to wrap in foil between noon & 1:00PM, once it gets into the stall. No clue on timing - I've taken directions from about 5 different recipes.

Just bumped the controller to 250, assuming that it will put the right side of the grill at around 225 or so.

PXL_20220918_150237645.jpg

graph_20220918100113.png

Latest Discussions

Back