Pro Series 1150 review

If you just want to see the controller in action FF to about 9:30. One feature of this model is a removable firepot from the bottom.

PID controller looks interesting, but I cannot wait till I see more about it. Did he say the price and my Lowes say they will not have it until Spring time.

Just picked up the 1150 for 599.00 in California. The use of the PID is a figure it out on your own. Has a “recipe” feature where you can program steps to timers and heat applied in theory sounds amazing but I cannot figure it out YET.

7E89AB1B-259F-48BC-8A1F-DDAC8EBD4371.png

They are not in Tennessee yet and I just tried to order one from Fresno, CA. and have it sent to my Lowes here in Nashville. They will not ship store to store on this product even knowing someone in Lowes Corp could not help me.

It looks like the West Coast is going to be the ones getting them. Let us know how it goes and let us know if you are getting the sudden temp change as some people are saying. Some are claiming they set the temp at 225 and then they check the app and the temp change to 325 on it's own. It is jumping 100 degrees after 30 minutes on it own.

Also let us know how long it takes to reach temp you set it at for example if you set it to 250. How much time does it take to reach 250 as two owners are stating that it takes about 30 minutes to reach your set temp. For PID controller that is crazy it should not take that long, my Yoder if you set it to 250 it reaches 250 within 10 minutes.

I am hoping that these new Pro Series grills work out and Pit Boss does not have a train wreck on there hands. There track record in the past year has not been good and you just cannot blame it on COVID as they need to be responsible for quality control.

I want to buy a Pro Series 1150 even though I do not need it I have plenty of time to put in through a rigorous test so I can help out consumers who purchased it. I have the original Pro Series 1100 which I had 3 differetn controllers on it and I have Yoder s650 that I use it a lot and not had one single issue.

Hopefully my Lowes stocks them before Spring here in Nashville, but if I find one in Kentucky, Georgia, or Alabama I will drive to pick it up.

They are not in Tennessee yet and I just tried to order one from Fresno, CA. and have it sent to my Lowes here in Nashville. They will not ship store to store on this product even knowing someone in Lowes Corp could not help me.

It looks like the West Coast is going to be the ones getting them. Let us know how it goes and let us know if you are getting the sudden temp change as some people are saying. Some are claiming they set the temp at 225 and then they check the app and the temp change to 325 on it's own. It is jumping 100 degrees after 30 minutes on it own.

Also let us know how long it takes to reach temp you set it at for example if you set it to 250. How much time does it take to reach 250 as two owners are stating that it takes about 30 minutes to reach your set temp. For PID controller that is crazy it should not take that long, my Yoder if you set it to 250 it reaches 250 within 10 minutes.

I noticed during the warm up process it it must complete the process of heating up to 350 and then you can adjust it down from there.

I’m smoking a brisket over the Veterans Day holiday and will report back.

As for the recipe option I have heard it's a waste because it "erases" what you program when you shut it down. I'll keep an eye on these, I love the idea but am not happy with the 25 degree increments instead of 5 (if that really is the case).

I noticed during the warm up process it it must complete the process of heating up to 350 and then you can adjust it down from there.

I’m smoking a brisket over the Veterans Day holiday and will report back.

that is insane so it is telling you to warm it up to 350 and then set your temp. You are using a PID controller you do not have to warm up your grill....Pit Boss needs to learn about PID controllers.

that is insane so it is telling you to warm it up to 350 and then set your temp. You are using a PID controller you do not have to warm up your grill....Pit Boss needs to learn about PID controllers.

the manual kind of eludes to it as highlighted below but next start up I will pay attention to when the smoke dissipates.

image.jpg

my mistake that is when you first fire it up. I thought you were saying before every cook you have to warm it up to 350.

Mine was just delivered yesterday 11/9. Primed & ran the break-in this morning. I think the 350 degree thing is just the default start-up temp because I immediately began changing the temp once the pellets got going. I'm new to the pellet system, but have previous charcoal smoker experience.

Back