Left over brisket chili

Is this a cast iron or enamel coated cast iron? I purchased a cast iron pot and am reconcidering on the enamel coated one. Pros and Cons? Does the outside cleanup well from the smoke residue?

Is this a cast iron or enamel coated cast iron? I purchased a cast iron pot and am reconcidering on the enamel coated one. Pros and Cons? Does the outside cleanup well from the smoke residue?
Mine is actually a stone pot from pampered chef I think. It cleans up easily. The only con is I need a bigger one!

$11/lb here for me too. $25/lb for tenderloin roast too. Good thing I bought my rib roast for Christmas last January when they were on sale from last Christmas. My original plan was to cut the ribs off and slice them into steaks and grill them but as the year went on I decided to just keep it for Christmas lol.

it's on my menu tomorrow am,,,,planning on a 6hr smoke
edit: plans changed due to friend wanting to go to Bronx Pizza for lunch today. Friday nites are reserved for dining out with my wife. So will do this chilli on Saturday

Last edited:
It's on the smoker.....stuck with the basic recipe. Used white not red beans. Used about 1/3 lb of sausage and 1/2 lb of bacon, plus 1 3/4 lb of brisket. Just seemed too much meat. Plus I tossed in a can of corn with out the can. Starting out @ 250 and will turn it down to 225 in a couple hours

Attachments

• IMG_1384.jpeg
    IMG_1384.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 15
It's on the smoker.....stuck with the basic recipe. Used white not red beans. Used about 1/3 lb of sausage and 1/2 lb of bacon, plus 1 3/4 lb of brisket. Just seemed too much meat. Plus I tossed in a can of corn with out the can. Starting out @ 250 and will turn it down to 225 in a couple hours
Very nice. Hope you enjoy it

Next time, take the time to use fresh tomatoes and chilis. It's so much better than the canned stuff and not very much work in the big picture.

smoked another brisket(point) yesterday had friends over who have never had smoked brisket before, now she wants me to smoke for her as her husband I guess sucks on the grill. Any who, leftovers are going in the chili pot again, hopefully tomorrow.

Latest Discussions

Back