Firmware issues

X5ncross1971

Media
Reaction score
Second control board after auger jam and still cannot get the firmware to update. Also the grill when opening the new “IT” app sets the grill to the highest setting.....any idea as to why firmware is stuck on finalizing? Worked only 8 times with original control panel and app and now the new one seems all screwed up with new app after one use.

7C33E253-9651-49E5-A05F-9F0B2927B75E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have gave up on both apps. My IT app is also is stuck on finalizing. Other than that the 4 times I have used the smoker end I have not had any problems, knock on wood.

I have gave up on both apps. My IT app is also is stuck on finalizing. Other than that the 4 times I have used the smoker end I have not had any problems, knock on wood.
And now mine has gone to where it won’t turn on at all, AGAIN!!!! Is there an issue w. O troll panels and the heat of Arizona (113F) outside and the black control panel display is hot to the touch!

The few times I used the smoker I’ve had no problems here in Texas. I have to shield the top to be able to read the temp in the sun. Wish it was on the side not the top.

The few times I used the smoker I’ve had no problems here in Texas. I have to shield the top to be able to read the temp in the sun. Wish it was on the side not the top.
I think that there is a real problem with both the design, color (heat magnet) and the quality of parts for it to fail again. This is actually the third control panel as they sent two in the last shipment and it would not even turn on as well.

I just received my new control panel and installed it. the Old one would not connect to Bluetooth. The new one seems to work good I updated the firmware it finalized and asked me to unplug the grill for a few moments and plug it back in as I did. Everything seems to be working fine except I still notice the (IT) light is still flashing.

I finally got the Smoke IT app to work on iphone. Still won't work on my android.
IT connects thru wifi. It finalized on wifi. Used it the last couple of longer cooks of 4-6 hours.

The PB app was too inconsistent, so I gave up on it.

Back