Customer Service / Parts THEY STINK!!!!

boomdog07

Reaction score
Bought my KC Combo on 5-14-2020
Got it assembled, plugged it in to do the burn off, and got the "Fan Code" on the screen
Called PB Support waited almost 3 hours on hold to talk to someone
Was told "sorry the fan must be replaced, or you can take it back to the store"
I opted to just get the replacement fan which they told me would take 10-15 business days to get

I still don't have it!!
So now I have had a KC Combo for over a month and haven't been able to smoke anything at all. The saving grace is that I can at least use the griddle but come on..

What do I need to do to get this resolved at this point? I don't want to call and wait again after the fiasco I already dealt with.

Sorry to hear about it and since the parts come from China I am certain due to Covid there were some down time with the factory. Since this a new line of grills I am certain they did not stock up on the parts. I would keep calling them and letting them know just to stay in touch and let them know you are still waiting. They are poor when it comes to communication so hopefully you will get it soon.

Im havin problems just getting to talk to someone about my vertical smoker ive sat on hold twice for an hour and gave up this smoker is 2 days old and i want to take it back to the store,im not happy with it

Im havin problems just getting to talk to someone about my vertical smoker ive sat on hold twice for an hour and gave up this smoker is 2 days old and i want to take it back to the store,im not happy with it

try to reach out to them on facebook or twitter.

I have been waiting a month for a new control board and it looks like another 2-4 weeks.. Big waste of money for a crap product and company that has gone pretty silent lately.

I have been waiting a month for a new control board and it looks like another 2-4 weeks.. Big waste of money for a crap product and company that has gone pretty silent lately.

what grill model do you have

The Lexington one they sold at Walmart. I already have my credit card company ready to refund my purchase if this board does not work.

That is a shame and I am not sure what is going on with the Pit Boss. Hopefully they will turn things around here soon. Keep hitting them up on Facebook hopefully they get these controllers in from China soon,

I am a new owner of a PBV 3 series and I have had temperature problems with it from the start. I set the temperature at 350 deg as suggested for the initial burn in..........would not get above 260 for two hours!.. I put an oven thermometer in the cabinet the next day and it registered 340 deg while the digital was reading 290 deg.... I have called PB four times ....they returned my call twice.! I believe the problem is with the control board although I was told by PB that it is not. It seems like PB has a lot of issues with their products........too many other Mfg to choose from........sorry I purchased this grill!

it is so sad hearing these stories about the problems with these PB grills recently. I am not having an issue since I replaced my controller, auger motor and fan with quality after market parts for my Pro Series 1100 since I wanted a better smoke performance.

I love the Pro Series 1100 design and the size so it was a better fit for me instead of my Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone Prime which was a beast and no issues with it all, the size turned out to be too small for my cooks. I donated it to my church so at least it will get to be used and perfect for my church.

Bought my KC Combo on 5-14-2020
Got it assembled, plugged it in to do the burn off, and got the "Fan Code" on the screen
Called PB Support waited almost 3 hours on hold to talk to someone
Was told "sorry the fan must be replaced, or you can take it back to the store"
I opted to just get the replacement fan which they told me would take 10-15 business days to get

I still don't have it!!
So now I have had a KC Combo for over a month and haven't been able to smoke anything at all. The saving grace is that I can at least use the griddle but come on..

What do I need to do to get this resolved at this point? I don't want to call and wait again after the fiasco I already dealt with.

I just got my KC Combo replaced at walmart... Which they took with out packaging.... You have 90 days to return the grill... I contacted PitBoss and left a number and received a call within a couple of hours.. it was on a sunday if that helps... I was instructed by them to return the grill to walmart since it was a new line up.. and they really didn’t have replacement parts...anyways I got the fan error code too on initial power up on my replacement grill and what i did was unscrewed the plate on the bottom of the hopper.. the fan in located there... and started to turn the fan with my hand... and bam! the fan started to spin.. it has worked since... I was hearing a humming sound and notice the fan was not spinning... I noticed the fan was like stuck on something and all it took was for me to play with it a little and stared to spin....I think the fan moves and gets stuck during shipping and handling of the grill.... hope that helps you out....

I just got my KC Combo replaced at walmart... Which they took with out packaging.... You have 90 days to return the grill... I contacted PitBoss and left a number and received a call within a couple of hours.. it was on a sunday if that helps... I was instructed by them to return the grill to walmart since it was a new line up.. and they really didn’t have replacement parts...anyways I got the fan error code too on initial power up on my replacement grill and what i did was unscrewed the plate on the bottom of the hopper.. the fan in located there... and started to turn the fan with my hand... and bam! the fan started to spin.. it has worked since... I was hearing a humming sound and notice the fan was not spinning... I noticed the fan was like stuck on something and all it took was for me to play with it a little and stared to spin....I think the fan moves and gets stuck during shipping and handling of the grill.... hope that helps you out....

That is completely unacceptable and you are paying good money for a grill with low grade parts.

If a bunch of them start to come back to Walmart, Walmart won't be happy. I have heard that Walmart is a very strong customer. I think that Danson's will fix the problem, as they will know that being sold at Walmart is a very good position to be in.

If a bunch of them start to come back to Walmart, Walmart won't be happy. I have heard that Walmart is a very strong customer. I think that Danson's will fix the problem, as they will know that being sold at Walmart is a very good position to be in.

Do you think that Walmart cares about products that consistently come back..nope they do not care and I do not want to get into the all knowing of Walmart too long of a story. I have a business degree from Uninveristy of Missouri at Columbia, MO. Walmart family is a huge donor to the university specially to the business school.

For example Walmart has been selling 3 LED TV's from the same manufacture for 3 years now that are consistently return due to malfunction and they exchange them send them back to manufacture. It does not stop Walmart to sell them as they are reaching out to certain classes of individuals with a certain budget.

Items like Pellet grills will be sent back to Pit Boss or Pit Boss will just credit them the grill and Walmart will dispose of it. You have to remember Walmart sells hundreds and hundreds of products and not all Walmart's in the US sell the same products. Not one single product is not going to hurt Walmart's reputation unless it is Food produce related problem.

This is the truth Walmart is not asking Danson to sell the Platinums it is Danson asking Walmart to sell Platinum grills. Walmart makes a little off the grill where they make there money is pellets and accessories. You will never see a Traeger, Green Mountain Grill, Rec-Tec in a Walmart that is not Walmart's decision that is the grill companies decision.

To be honest personally the KC Combo and the Lockhart are just a huge gimmick of a grill and by looking at them they look like a train wreck and cheap. I am disappointed in Pit Boss that this was there answer to Rec-Tec, Traeger, Camp Chef, and other grills.

Im actually returning my second grill again and getting my money back.... going to buy a champ chef wifi... My second unit has the same problem as the first one did... the auger catches fire...

Back