HEr error code on my PB700

Madsen

Reaction score
I started my PB tonight to cook for a crowd and before it started to smoke, about 3 minutes after we started the grill, it shut off and gave the error code HEr. I grabbed my Manuel and there’s not that error code in the trouble shooting section. I called their support line about 4:15 and got a message that they close at 5. Both were pacific times. I pulled everything out. Removed the few smoldering pellets from pot and tried it again. Nothing happened. I unplugged it for 45 minutes and it finally ran for about half a second before the sane error code comes up. I can’t turn the power off unless I unplug it from power! It’s never plugged in unless I’m using the grill. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!

I had that same code a couple of weeks ago. It means it got too hot. I also called and left my number. Tried four days in a row when I got home from work so I decided on the 5th day to call in the morning and leave a call back number and they called within the hour. They thought I might have a bad temp probe and are sending a new one but it looks to be on backorder and 6-8 weeks out.

I did fire it up several times on the smoke setting and every time I did it got above 500 degrees according to the temp on the controller. However this was a false reading as I could put my hand above the grates and it was not that hot. Finally I removed everything and watched pellets feed into the firepot and that was working just like it is supposed to as well so I suspected a bad temp probe. They said the same thing and will be sending a new one. Luckily I have 2 Pit Boss's so I am not entirely shutdown on my weekend smokes.

Try calling them early in the day. They seem to respond faster.

I had that same code a couple of weeks ago. It means it got too hot. I also called and left my number. Tried four days in a row when I got home from work so I decided on the 5th day to call in the morning and leave a call back number and they called within the hour. They thought I might have a bad temp probe and are sending a new one but it looks to be on backorder and 6-8 weeks out.

I did fire it up several times on the smoke setting and every time I did it got above 500 degrees according to the temp on the controller. However this was a false reading as I could put my hand above the grates and it was not that hot. Finally I removed everything and watched pellets feed into the firepot and that was working just like it is supposed to as well so I suspected a bad temp probe. They said the same thing and will be sending a new one. Luckily I have 2 Pit Boss's so I am not entirely shutdown on my weekend smokes.

Try calling them early in the day. They seem to respond faster.
Thank you for your suggestion. I did call early in the day. After a 30 minute hold time I left my phone number. They called back about 3 hours later while I was out of cell phone service so I’m trying them again! Wish me luck!

Latest Discussions

Back