Controlling Temperature

Breowt

Reaction score
I just purchased a brand new Pit Boss Pellet smoker and used it twice. Each time I use it I am have trouble keeping it at the temperature it is set to. It either goes way below and or too high. I followed the start up process to a T but cant seem to get the temp under control. I called the Pit Boss customer service line and they recommended that I lower the P setting from the default P4 to P3 or P2. That didn't seem to work. Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Krazy

Reaction score
I'm having problems also. PB customer service tells me to take the bottom off of the control panel and cross the red and yellow wires and turn on. If it works, swap them back. Now my auger runs constantly and I can't use the grill. I wish I hadn't bought it.

Vantharas

Reaction score
If you swap them back? what does it do? If its broken, You can get warranty claim done. Mine at least has a 5 year warranty.

Krazy

Reaction score
Out of the box the auger didn't turn. the wire swap got it to work. Swaped them back and it worked for about three events. Then it had a runaway event and ruined my brisket. Changed the P setting and it worked for one event. Now the auger runs constantly..
It's raining here now and I'm not going to mess with it.

Vantharas

Reaction score
Out of the box the auger didn't turn. the wire swap got it to work. Swaped them back and it worked for about three events. Then it had a runaway event and ruined my brisket. Changed the P setting and it worked for one event. Now the auger runs constantly..
It's raining here now and I'm not going to mess with it.
Get a warranty claim done on it then and have them send you another unit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Breowt

Reaction score
I'm having problems also. PB customer service tells me to take the bottom off of the control panel and cross the red and yellow wires and turn on. If it works, swap them back. Now my auger runs constantly and I can't use the grill. I wish I hadn't bought it.
I am definitely not going to mess with wires. I will put a warranty claim in to ge3t a new one. Maybe the one I have is defective.