Charcoal pellets

garysam

Reaction score
Hi, I tried charcoal pellets for the first time and found they struggled to heat up my little PB150. The apple pellets seemed much better. Any thoughts?

GA Smoker

Reaction score
I have a Laredo 1000 and I had the same issues with the charcoal pellets but never a problem with any other pellets. I figured it was probably a bad batch or operator error, but I haven't tried them again.

HuntJ08

Reaction score
Use them with your other stock.
I use them as an accent of flavor only. Small amount.

Never tried to use them alone.

GA Smoker

Reaction score
That's what I did. I made a blend of mesquite, hickory and the charcoal pellets for burgers etc.

Guineabear

Reaction score
An online review claimed the Pb charcoal pellets give off an aroma and flavor like real charcoal. I bought a bag and found the smell and taste nothing like charcoal. Now I am adding a handful to other mixtures just to use them up. They are my least favorite of PB pellets. So far.

ANT0407

Reaction score
An online review claimed the Pb charcoal pellets give off an aroma and flavor like real charcoal. I bought a bag and found the smell and taste nothing like charcoal. Now I am adding a handful to other mixtures just to use them up. They are my least favorite of PB pellets. So far.
Alot of people really like them but my experience was the same as yours. I don't notice any charcoal flavor and don't find they add any charcoal flavor when used alone or mixed with other pellets. Others her have posted very different experiences, maybe it's because everyone has different taste or maybe it's inconsistent batches from Pit Boss. Who knows.....

Latest Discussions