2 new temp. gauges and bottle opener for the PB850PS2

Did you notice the auger running more frequently in shorter bursts?
not really but I will pay more attention to it next weekend.
Maybe time the auger to check the feed ratio.
But I did have a good amount of smoke the whole time.

@Glock19ftw My grill never came with that thing you describe as a heat deflector like yours. I don't think the 850 has one unless mine is missing that part. Pit Boss asked me about that part once, I told them it didn't come with that and they didn't know if it is supposed to.
And no my grill is not set up stock, I made my own heat shield and my temperatures are the same on the left and right side of my grill.
I have installed two temperature gauges in the lid just above grate level to monitor the temps. left and right sides.
View attachment 889
That’s great can we see pics of what and how you did it. Thanks

So here is my Adjustable Heat Shield (patent pending) for the PB850PS2
I know it has been a while but I have been testing and I forget to take pics when my grill is open for cleaning, just like I forget to take pics of my finished cooks.
You slide it to the right to block heat from going to the left, slide it to the left to allow heat to go to the left.
I take advantage of the shape and slant of the broiler plate to control the heat.
The more you move it to the left, the more the 'gap' opens between the broiler plate and shield allowing more heat to the left.

20210321_124212.jpg
20210321_124139.jpg
20210321_124125.jpg

I know it has been a while but I have been testing and I forget to take pics when my grill is open for cleaning, just like I forget to take pics of my finished cooks.
You slide it to the right to block heat from going to the left, slide it to the left to allow heat to go to the left.
I take advantage of the shape and slant of the broiler plate to control the heat.
The more you move it to the left, the more the 'gap' opens between the broiler plate and shield allowing more heat to the left.

View attachment 1075View attachment 1076View attachment 1077
View attachment 1074

With this update, you no longer use a heat diffuser over the firepot?

I never had a heat diffuser over the fire pot, I don't think the 850 came with one, at least mine didn't. Unless mine is missing that part.
I just had uneven heat across the grate and decided to make this to even it out.

See, this is what happens as you get older :D

For some reason, in my mind, I thought you had previously tried a heat diffuser like this picture.
diffuser_sq.jpg

View attachment 1075View attachment 1076View attachment 1077
View attachment 1074
So how does moving that pice back and forth keep the heat even? Where did you get that life from?

See, this is what happens as you get older :D

For some reason, in my mind, I thought you had previously tried a heat diffuser like this picture.
View attachment 1078
Do any of them have anything over the fire pot if it did you wouldn’t get the flame to comehtiugh when you slide open the flame broiler grate

Latest Discussions

Back