Wifi Bluetooth connectivity issues

I returned the controller and got another...this one connected right up and then downloaded a firmware update. This one stays connected with no issues so far. I have a near commercial router that puts out a pretty strong signal so I would check that all depending on where the grill is at. I just got a bad one.
Congratulations 🎈🍾!!
Glad your back up and running 🇺🇸🇺🇸

I dont know if this helps, but this was my experience. I'm using a Galaxy S9 phone. I have 2 separate 2.4Ghz networks by 2 different providers. I could connect to the grill over Bluetooth but not Wi-Fi. It would see my wifi and I entered the password, and then the app reset to the connect wifi screen and would not see any network. Customer service was no help. After troubleshooting they blamed my ISP. I explained the probability of the same issue with 2 ISPs was unlikely (I work in fiber telcom). So before I boxed it back up and drove it back 2 hours for a replacement, I used my work phone (iPhone 11), downloaded the app, and tried connecting. It connected right away. And I can now use the wifi on the Android device. I still however get the "characteristic 15" error about 30% of the time, for which I restart the app. I hope this helps fix yours. I'm assuming the S9 was too old... but the smoker runs on legacy 2.4 so IDK. It fixed me.

Latest Discussions

Back