"User pool client" error today in app

Sorry, but how does logging in to a Pit Boss server help keep my home system secure? Seems like once I stored my router password in the app I shouldn’t have to talk to a remote server.
To connect to the controller from outside your network you have to allow access and run a server on your own system. Much safer to look at a 3rd party server and send info to one than opening up all your info. .everything is outgoing to a 3rd party not directly pointing at you

Last edited:
Would
To connect to the controller from outside your network you have to allow access and run a server on your own system. Much safer to look at a 3rd party server and send info to one than opening up all your info. .everything is outgoing to a 3rd party not directly pointing at you
Would you be able to walk through the server connection process? My controller does everything except let me control it from outside of my home. I’ve worked with several people with the app support and none of them can solve the issue. It connects to Bluetooth and my home WiFi (the iT indicator on the controller stays solid) but when I leave my house I lose connection. On the Home Screen of the app it doesn’t show connection to WiFi. Thanks

Would

Would you be able to walk through the server connection process? My controller does everything except let me control it from outside of my home. I’ve worked with several people with the app support and none of them can solve the issue. It connects to Bluetooth and my home WiFi (the iT indicator on the controller stays solid) but when I leave my house I lose connection. On the Home Screen of the app it doesn’t show connection to WiFi. Thanks
I don't know the ins and outs that we'll but be sure that your phone is connected to a 2.5 gh wifi and not 5gh wifi while during setup that caused me trouble the first time I set up

Latest Discussions

Back