Smoke leaking from around door

RSAUGE

Reaction score
I am new to the pellet grill scene, is it normal to have smoke leakage from around the door of a PBV4PS2 vertical smoker, the gasket does not seem to seal tight, all of my other gas and electric smokers leaked but they did not have gaskets

I have the same smoker, and I've never noticed smoke coming out the doors. Exhaust cap open?
Call Pit boss 877-303-3134 and listen to the options for help.

I have the same smoker, and I've never noticed smoke coming out the doors. Exhaust cap open?
Call Pit boss 877-303-3134 and listen to the options for help.
I shimmed the door up about an 8th inch and made the latch adjustable, i fired it up last night after adjusting the door my problem was solved, all that pit boss recomended was to take it back to Lowes because they did not have any service parts available for this model yet

I have a series 3 that leaks a bit in the top left corner. Really no big deal to me every thing still turns out gThe
I have a series 3 that leaks a bit in the top left corner. Really no big deal to me every thing still turns out good on it.
That is the place where mine leaked the most but as i posted earlier I shimmed the door hinges up about an 8th inch and solved the problem, thanks for responding, have a great day

I have a similar issue, top right of the door has a pretty big gap. It holds temp fine, but some leaks out. It's fine now during the good weather but come winter, im concerned.

Mine blew over in the wind , in the process of straightening it back out. Hopefully i can get it to seal again.

I shimmed the door up about an 8th inch and made the latch adjustable, i fired it up last night after adjusting the door my problem was solved, all that pit boss recomended was to take it back to Lowes because they did not have any service parts available for this model yet
I like your fix. Good luck with your smoking.

My PBV4PS2 leaked around the door.
The cam door latch was not pulling the door closed tight enough to compress the seal
I took a close pin and put it between the cam and the fixed latch
It put enough pressure on the gasket to make it seal GOOD

Attachments

• Wedgie.jpg
    Wedgie.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 922
The cam door latch was not pulling the door closed tight enough to compress the seal
This helped a lot! Thanks!!

Cant say Ive ever noticed any leaks around my door. Probably the first one I’ve ever owned that I didn’t have to tinker with.

We did our first cook yesterday on the same model (PBV4PS2) and have a little smoke coming out the door seal, and a lot coming out of both side panels where they meet the top plate. I ordered some lavalock caulk and stick on gasket. It still maintained 250 but give pellet smoke is already light in flavor, I want all of that to stay in the cabinet as much as possible!

Over the past couple weeks the door gasket on my PB Vertical developed a bad enough crack that smoke, etc, is pouring out through the crack.
Kind of looks like this:
So I called Pit Boss and they're sending a replacement gasket. The guy said they had no directions on how to do the replacement so I'll be winging it on my own. I think it's pretty straight forward but you never know.
So if anyone has replaced the door gasket on a vertical I'd like to hear what you got into as far as the repair.
General game plan is remove door...remove gasket cover...remove old and replace with new gasket. Reaffix cover, door and hopefully boom there we go.

If it works, it works. Nice innovation.

I ended up just putting another gasket on the metal side of the door. Pretty much doesn’t the same thing as it’s now harder to close the door but the seal is much tighter

Latest Discussions

Back