Smoke it app

Against better judgment I opened the app this morning after getting tri tip up and running. You can see screenshots under what’s cooking post. App must have auto updated. It’s the white background. Seems to be working 😎 only auger light seems out of sync. I like the potential of the graphs. But not ready for prime time. Smoke on💨. Bob

I noticed a couple of updates on that app since I last tried it.
It may very well work on mine now. But the Legacy is working very well. Numbers. Icons. Everything synced and working. Even temp changes.
So as of right now I’m gonna stick with the black Legacy.
And unless they just did it. It’s gone from the iOS App Store. Not sure what they’re doing.
Regardless. Glad y’all can sit under the ceiling fan and cook now!!!!

I have the updated controller on my 1600. I had to try a few times but I got the grill added to the app. Seems to be working fine. I'm on Android.

New here, considering the PBV4PS2 vs. the 5 series. Leaning towards the 4 series for the WiFi, but was put off by the temperature settings. Reading through this, it seems like the updated app has improved the temperature settings to 10° increments?

Does anyone know if they plan to release a replacement WiFi controller for the 5 series in the near future?

New here, considering the PBV4PS2 vs. the 5 series. Leaning towards the 4 series for the WiFi, but was put off by the temperature settings. Reading through this, it seems like the updated app has improved the temperature settings to 10° increments?

Does anyone know if they plan to release a replacement WiFi controller for the 5 series in the near future?
No clue if the Series 5 will get wifi. If you need all the space for smoking, I would get it. But for better features I would go with the Brunswick or PBV4PS2 each slightly smaller, and have the controller out of the "drip-zone". Ash clean out, and big grease tray is a feature the 5 doesn't have. The Brunswick has inside lights. I have the PBV4PS2 since January and love it.

I’ve been kinda quiet a little while. I’m recovering from a minor surgery yesterday. But I couldn’t help myself. I was able to hold my eyes open a bit ago and I had to check the status of the apps at the iOS App Store.

Legacy still missing
Smoke It new white interface updated a few hours ago.

Part of me wants to think they’re working in the new one so everyone will be on the same page? So there will only be one app?
That’s just what I’m wondering. No evidence or indications. But something obviously up.
And if a new one was fixed I certainly would use it. But it’s gonna be hard to uninstall a working app to try again knowing it’s not available to reinstall.

I also contacted them about it. Actually left a second review. With questions. I can’t find a way to email or contact. And a phone is out of the question for me right now. I’m half deaf and have probs anyway but the meds I’m on would probably make me drop the phone. Lol. Slur. Well something embarrassing. 🤪

What does the grill

What does the Grill Calibration do?
It determines which controller you have. The older controllers (without the 10 degree increments) had 225 degrees as one of the presets. On the newer controllers, you can't dial in 225. So, by asking if you can set your grill to 225 degrees, you're telling it if you have the older or newer controller.

It determines which controller you have. The older controllers (without the 10 degree increments) had 225 degrees as one of the presets. On the newer controllers, you can't dial in 225. So, by asking if you can set your grill to 225 degrees, you're telling it if you have the older or newer controller.
That's good to know.

I got mine to work I guess. Can anyone send a screenshot of what your screen looks like? Mine looks like a kid did it! It just looks so cheap! The temperatures of the probes are at the bottom. They overlap the temperature dial. My smoker is the 1150 pro ps2 and has the latest update. I downloaded the right smoke app. I have to go to a pitboss web page to open it. there is a small flame at the bottom of the page to open it. It seems to be a pain to get to it. I am glad I did not buy for the blue tooth!

Latest Discussions

Back