Prime “P” not showing on panel

asmith505

Reaction score
Hello, today when I was using my pit box classic I was smoking a pork butt. When I came back outside after a few hours I noticed the temperature gone down all the way to 70°. I’d open the hood and removed everything out and I had seen that pellets were everywhere inside of the chamber. And then vacuumed everything out and plugged it back in and turned it back on and once I looked at the control panel I noticed that the P foHello, today when I was using my pit box classic I was smoking a pork butt. When I came back outside after a few hours I noticed the temperature gone down all the way to 70°. I’d open the hood and removed everything out and I had seen that pellets were everywhere inside of the chamber. And then vacuumed everything out and plugged it back in and turned it back on and once I looked at the control panel I noticed that the “P4” Was missing from the control panel. I also then try to turn the temperature to 250 and it would only sit at 80° and smoke a ton. After messing with that I finally got it set but then the temperature kept raisinWas missing from the control panel. I also then try to turn the temperature to 250 and it would only sit at 80° and smoke a ton. After messing with that I finally got it set but then the temperature kept rising. Any advice on what to do to fix this because I do have a big smoke coming up this weekend

Best bet is to call customer support and call early in the day. 1-877-303-3134. Might be a bad control board since your P setting disappeared. If you can take some pictures and post but make sure to call customer support.

The P setting will only appear if you have the setting set a SMOKE if not the P setting will not show. If you have the temp set at 250 you will not have the P Setting at all it will not appear.

Latest Discussions

Back