PB PBV4PS2 IT APP Connection Issue

UncleTom

Reaction score
I love the smoker, BUT the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth combination with the SmokeIT App used with Apple iPhone 7+ sucks!
The antenna on the smoker is so shielded it wont connect properly.
Found engineering information how to extend the antenna for long range installation ESP32 Long-Range Mode

Last edited:

GeekChef

Reaction score
You don't need to go that far......you have two options:

1. Move the existing antennae from under the bottom PCB to the plastic of the display. This worked for me incredibly..! See picture below. It is just has adhesive to the PCB...slowly pry it up and stick it as shown below. This gave me instant WiFi connections in the front of my house...but before the mod, I could not connect at all.

1615490745894.png

2. Add an external antenna....which I purchased for installation, but never had to install it, because the first item worked so well for me. This is super easy to do....I did it on my RecTec smoker....literally just drill a hold and mount it. The connector has a super small connector that can be pried up and the new one popped on..

UncleTom

Reaction score
You don't need to go that far......you have two options:

1. Move the existing antennae from under the bottom PCB to the plastic of the display. This worked for me incredibly..! See picture below. It is just has adhesive to the PCB...slowly pry it up and stick it as shown below. This gave me instant WiFi connections in the front of my house...but before the mod, I could not connect at all.

View attachment 917

2. Add an external antenna....which I purchased for installation, but never had to install it, because the first item worked so well for me. This is super easy to do....I did it on my RecTec smoker....literally just drill a hold and mount it. The connector has a super small connector that can be pried up and the new one popped on..
Fantastic.... Thanks For the Pics and info PB APP support determined that I have a defective controller and the ordered me a replacement. The change out involves going in thru the pellet storage....HUMMMM.... I think I will go ahead and install an external antenna.... I hope t fixes the connection issues.... I'm now going to look into the APP... WHILE enjoying the heck out of the smoker.....

GeekChef

Reaction score
Fantastic.... Thanks For the Pics and info PB APP support determined that I have a defective controller and the ordered me a replacement. The change out involves going in thru the pellet storage....HUMMMM.... I think I will go ahead and install an external antenna.... I hope t fixes the connection issues.... I'm now going to look into the APP... WHILE enjoying the heck out of the smoker.....
This antenna should work great.....just be aware it is a little over 5" tall.

Antenna for Wifi/BT

Latest Discussions