Newbie from North Central TX

PoppaT

Reaction score
New owner of PB850G (which did not have WIFI).
Replaced the controller with Legacy H1 *0014 (which does).
Operations question: Setting Temperature - does the knob simply turn, or is there some combination of push/pull the ring around the knob to rest/adjust temp?

SmokeIt App question: when connecting to WIFI, there was a calibration question, "Can you set temperature to 205?" Can I?

Welcome
If the controller is like mine, push the knob in then let go and turn it to your desired temperature then push it in again and it will save that temperature. I can't see any reason why it would ask for 205, controllers are 10 deg increments.
Thanks, sounds simple enough (but I couldn't come up with that sequence on my own). Be nice if the official Installation Guide made some mention or reference.

I may be remembering the specific temperature wrong (happens more & more often)

I believe it's trying to identify the version of your controller. I just set up my new 1600 tonight on the app. It asked me the same. I told it I couldn't. App continued installation and synced to my pit no issues with controlling it.

New owner of PB850G (which did not have WIFI).
Replaced the controller with Legacy H1 *0014 (which does).
Operations question: Setting Temperature - does the knob simply turn, or is there some combination of push/pull the ring around the knob to rest/adjust temp?

SmokeIt App question: when connecting to WIFI, there was a calibration question, "Can you set temperature to 205?" Can I?
Welcome to the forum!

Latest Discussions

Back