New 850 Pro Owner ...

Campisi

Reaction score
Howdy! Hope I can contribute as well as learn here.
First thing I notice us that SmokeIT is ridiculously basic, oh well. Temperature setting on SmokeIT can only be by 50 deg increments when setting temps above 250. WTH?! But if I use the manual dial on the controller I can go by 10 deg increments. ie 250, 260, 270, 280 etc. Much better. I'm wondering why the app doesn't allow this. Anyone talked to the guys that maintain SmokeIT yet?

Last edited:
Howdy! Hope I can contribute as well as learn here.
First thing I notice us that SmokeIT is ridiculously basic, oh well. Temperature setting on SmokeIT can only be by 50 deg increments when setting temps above 250. WTH?! But if I use the manual dial on the controller I can go by 10 deg increments. ie 250, 260, 270, 280 etc. Much better. I'm wondering why the app doesn't allow this. Anyone talked to the guys that maintain SmokeIT yet?
Hello,

did you say your 850 controller has 10 degree increments?
when did you buy it? date?
does it have 2 or 4 meat probe ports?
They told me that there would not be any updates for the 850 controller.
I wonder if that has changed?
thanks for the info.

Yes, thats what I've observed. I only get the 10 deg increments when using the manual dial. App only shows 50 deg increments. Bought it two weeks ago and it has two temp probe ports. I can try to see if there's a version number on the controller h/w and s/w.
Not sure how to find the s/w revision and I'm not going to play with the panel right now as I'm in the middle of a smoke. But I was able to look under the controller box and get some numbers from the tag on the board:

PSW01B2P2.US
PB850PS2 L02

Hope this helps a little. I've attached a pic of the manual temp set to 280. As far as I can tell the controller holds 280 very well. The meat probe is just sitting in the grill (not in the pork shoulder I'm smoking) and is reading 277.

PXL_20210608_170640310.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, now I'm really pissed off...
What's the tag on your controller board say? Also, check to see if you got an update. This is only my second smoke and I swear I didn't have 10 deg increments before (not 100% sure on that since I'm so new to this whole thing, but pretty sure). They may have pushed an update to my controller.

Latest Discussions

Back