Laredo 1000 Shut's its self Off!

Global Sarge

Reaction score
Yes, it is raining outside, but I protected the cord from the rain and covered the control panel. The grill turns on and comes to the set temp, but after 5 to 15 minutes later, it turns its self off! What's the cause? I wanted to slow smoke a brisket over night, but it's not going to work like this.

jbradt

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you found a solution, but mine was doing this last night, second cook. It wasn't raining, but it was exposed to some light rain before. After shutting off a few times it finally stayed on, but the meat on my LP grill was done so I pulled the potatoes off the Pit Boss and tried to mask their being underdone with extra sour cream :D

diversification

Reaction score
Did you guys ever figure this out? I'm thinking about smoking while it's drizzling a little bit. I'm wondering if the water conducts some current over to the shut off button somehow?

Can I ask how you guys covered the control panel? I'm trying to come up with ideas, but most of them aren't very good lol.

diversification

Reaction score
I would call Pit Boss Tech support and ask them, they might be aware of something and have the solution. 877 303 3134 option 2.
They [unofficially] said that the panel is protected by a gasket, and then very hesitantly said that they personally use theirs in the rain without issue. The person I was talking to indicated that it isn't exactly recommended (obviously) but that they've done it a lot with a different model that also has a touchscreen interface and haven't had any issues. They did mention that their touchscreen wasn't facing upwards the way the Laredo is, but I've seen a few others saying they've been ok with the Laredo in the rain.

Think I might roll the dice.

Bossq

Reaction score
Had this issue before when the grill had trouble connecting to the app over wifi. Tried to get it to work switching between the 2 different pit boss apps. Seemed to make it worse. Never had an issue in the rain.