Hey all!

MadJack

Reaction score
I'm Jack from WV. I just purchased the PBV4PS2 Saturday afternoon and after about 1 hr it was put together. I like how well constructed it is, it's unusual in today's world to get your money worth in a product. I did the burn-off yesterday and it took a while to get over 350. And I don't care much for the 50-degree increments. But after some research, there seems to be a fix so hopefully, the company will support me with it. And it doesn't put out much smoke for a smoker.

I'm used to smoking everything on a weber with charcoal and wood. So I like the wifi connection on this smoker. And the time to temperature of the pork shoulder seems to be in line with all my other cooks on the weber. It just seems to be using a lot of pellets but it is in the 30's here but with my charcoal, I bet I would still only go through about $5 worth.

But in the end, my pulled pork is getting done and it smells great. I don't mean to make it sound like I hate the smoker. It's well built and I hope they will fix my controller. I do wish it had a smoke setting on it like the others that I researched before I bought this one. But no lowes near me had the copperhead.

Anyway I think it'll be a good smoker that will last for a long while. And I wanted to say hey!

The smoke setting is how it comes up when you power it up.....it says "S" on the screen. If you change the temperature....it goes S - 150 - 175 - 200....etc. I ran mine at 150 for an hour for chicken and it had a wonderful smokey flavor....

The smoke setting is how it comes up when you power it up.....it says "S" on the screen. If you change the temperature....it goes S - 150 - 175 - 200....etc. I ran mine at 150 for an hour for chicken and it had a wonderful smokey flavor....
LOL I thought it was a 5!

Latest Discussions

Back