Hey all! I am new to Pit Boss

LILjon

Reaction score
Hey all! I am new to Pit Boss but have been a pellet grill/smoker for about 5 years mostly with gmg which I LOVE
however upon moving back to Texas I left my GMG's up north for when i'm there so I thought I would give Pit Boss a try. love the design and quality but am having some issues with no smoke so I am hoping yall can help out, plus I love to share bbq secrets and recipes

Welcome to the forum and Let us know your issue with the Lockhart.

Pit Boss will produce a noticeable white smoke for a short tme, on start up, with the dial set to the Smoke position. Once you set it to a cooking temp, say 250, the white smoke will cease and you will get a thin blue/gray smoke. That is what you want to cook with. If you want more smoke then you will have to leave it in one of the P settings which best suits the cooking temp you want.

Last edited:
Pit Boss will produce a noticeable white smoke for a short tme, on start up, with the dial set to the Smoke position. Once you set it to a cooking temp, say 250, the white smoke will cease and you will get a thin blue/gray smoke. That is what you want to cook with. If you want more smoke then you will have to leave it in one of the P settings which best suits the cooking temp.
Lockhart has a PID controller so there is no P Setting.

Back