Help with new Pit Boss 1150 temp control.

yes you just have to make sure you match the wires.

Without WiFi

with Wifi
Thanks

yes you just have to make sure you match the wires.

Without WiFi

with Wifi
Has anyone that claims they have filed a claim suggested maybe pitboss pony up for an aftermarket controller. Since this is clearly the issue. It seems like it would be a good, quick resolution to the problem. I’m just asking.

I have done several cooks at higher temps, and they cooked perfect. Unfortunately when I tried to cook some beef ribs at 250 I had to keep manually turning the temp to 300 to get it to raise to 250. I used different pellets and it was about 40 degrees on this cook, before the temps had been above 70 degrees outside.I am not sure if it an issue with the grill , the pellets or the outside temp. I want to do another cook at 250 with my original pellets to see if it resolves the issue before I call Pitt Boss.
I called Pitt Boss this is the story they gave me, for the pid to calibrate you need to run it several times for it to adjust to holding lower temp cooks. Sounds like they are blowing smoke up my tail pipe and telling me it’s sunshine. I will run it several times in the 200 to 250 range to see if this is true or not. I have 60 days left that I can take the unit back to Lowe’s for a no question asked refund and get my money back if this does not work.

I called Pitt Boss this is the story they gave me, for the pid to calibrate you need to run it several times for it to adjust to holding lower temp cooks. Sounds like they are blowing smoke up my tail pipe and telling me it’s sunshine. I will run it several times in the 200 to 250 range to see if this is true or not. I have 60 days left that I can take the unit back to Lowe’s for a no question asked refund and get my money back if this does not work.
Surely they have to have a better solution to this problem. They will lose there Arse big time if everyone returns these things. They are not exactly giving them away at $600 a pop. I have yet to have my email responded to.

Surely they have to have a better solution to this problem. They will lose there Arse big time if everyone returns these things. They are not exactly giving them away at $600 a pop. I have yet to have my email responded to.
I know the WiFi capabilities were eye catching to most. But my question is, is it possible to just switch to another pitboss control panel that doesn’t offer WiFi but has all temp settings. Maybe pitboss would bite on that as an option or alternative to returning the entire unit.

I watched a video last night and the guy was using a Platinum Lockhart and he set the temp. to 275* on the PID controller.
WTF Pit Boss? no 275* for the PID controllers on the Pro Series?

I watched a video last night and the guy was using a Platinum Lockhart and he set the temp. to 275* on the PID controller.
WTF Pit Boss? no 275* for the PID controllers on the Pro Series?
What is interestingis the Platinum Series Controllers are made by a different company....you right it does not make sense, but then again does anything that Danson do makes sense.

Has anyone that claims they have filed a claim suggested maybe pitboss pony up for an aftermarket controller. Since this is clearly the issue. It seems like it would be a good, quick resolution to the problem. I’m just asking.
Danson should have had Savannah Stoker design and manufacture a controller for them.

I done what Pitt Boss said I heated the grill to 350 held there for 10 minutes then turned it down to 250. It has stayed at 250 for 2 hours so apparently it does take a couple of cooks to calibrate.

I done what Pitt Boss said I heated the grill to 350 held there for 10 minutes then turned it down to 250. It has stayed at 250 for 2 hours so apparently it does take a couple of cooks to calibrate.
have you figured out how Smoke Density Control works??

it yours the PB1150PS2 with the PID control?
I have the 850 with PID and it seems to hold temps very well, I don't know how accurate but it stays where I set it.
I noticed my auger feed ratio is always the same no matter the temp. setting, 20 seconds off and 1 second on.
sometimes no pellets feed at all when on but that's what it does.
I had the same problem talked to Pitt boss they said to set the temp to 350 let it stay there for 10 minutes then cut back to 250. I did this and it worked perfectly for me, but my outside temp was in the low 70s.

Dropped to 225 it held perfectly for one hour dropping to 200 . I will report results

Latest Discussions

Back