Hello to all.

txhousedog

Reaction score
been a stick burner for many years, heard so much about pellet grills, had to see what the fuss was about. Been playing with mine for almost a month, no major issues thus far,

been a stick burner for many years, heard so much about pellet grills, had to see what the fuss was about. Been playing with mine for almost a month, no major issues thus far,

Welcome aboard! ? Have you been happy with the results compared to your stick burner?

i have done everything to attempt to shame this pellet grill faze, smoked, grilled and baked on this pellet grill, it held its own. love it. i have a lot of bbq friends, we often share when one of us light up, they have no ideal i have a pellet grill, they think all the meat i have shared with them is off my stick burner, i just dont have the hearth to come clean with them . one day i will tell them, but not today. pellet grills kick butt also smoke butt, lol, i did find that using the right pellets makes a huge difference, i have used many different ones thus far, i can tell you, they are not all the same. there are great ones out there, i took a liking to L....jack.

Last edited:
Txhousedog, what pellets do you use? I have tried most of the Pit Boss pellets and like the competition blend and the charcoal blend. I saw that Walmart has some Maple Bourbon pellets from Cuisineart and I am curious if those are any good. The bag said they are made from real bourbon barrells.

Have not tried any of the whiskey barrel type pellets, yet, still learning, old school, red oak, hickory born and raised, competition blends bout to try them out, pecans always my hidden back up.

I always wanted to try the shickey barrel pellets. Might have to pull the trigger and get some.

Latest Discussions

Back