First chuck roast smoke/braise

Jimmo

Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2026
Messages
23
Media
10
Reaction score
92
Location
MI
First chuck roast on new 1600 ps4. Dry brine 20 hours with course salt and course black pepper, dryed mustard,garlic powder, onion powder 1 bag lipton French onion soup mix..Going to smoke at 235°for approximately 4 hours. I will add smoke with smoke tube. Then I'll put in large cast iron dutch oven with beef broth, red wine and ALITTLE beef tallow. I will fill liquid half way up roast that is sitting on a rack 1/2" above bottom of pot. I will braised approximately 1-1 1/2 hours at 250. I will then remove roast and put in diced, to bite size potatos and diced onion, garlic,red bell pepper, celery, carrots more soup mix , put roast back in pot on top of veggies. Turn grill up to 275 braised till tender. Well here goes nothing I'll update as I go . It is.10/10/2026 at 12:15 pm. Have I missed anything. LETS GET THIS PLACE HOPPING WE ALL BECOME BETTER WITH HELP FROM OTHERS!!
 

Attachments

  • 17916483173447156296140498119615.webp
    17916483173447156296140498119615.webp
    248.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20261009_161607.webp
    20261009_161607.webp
    143.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 588c90c9-7159-474c-92e6-de711d08cb66.webp
    588c90c9-7159-474c-92e6-de711d08cb66.webp
    262.3 KB · Views: 2
Due to the fact that my wife is "HUNGRY AS HELL" I am increasing the temperature of grill for chuck roast to 250 for smoke period of roast. I will put grill at 275°for braised portion of the cook.
 
Back
Top