Fan randomly turns on.

JetAllen

Reaction score
I own a KC Combo and have had a weird issue turn up. I went outside to look at something on my deck when I noticed that the fan was running on my grill. I made sure the grill was off, then unplugged it, plugged it back in, then went about my day. About 30 minutes later I went back outside and the fan was back on. I know that the fan runs after you turn off the grill, but this was hours later. I contacted Pit bos, they sent me a new control board and a fan. Even after this fix, the fan keeps turning on randomly. My grill is in the sun, and gets quite warm during the day. Could this be a failsafe type of thing when the grill gets too hot when not in use?

MKinHB

Reaction score
With all the known and unknown problems with Pit Boss, I would never think of leaving my grill plugged in while not in use.
just makes sense to unplug it.

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
I am thinking as long as the grill works during operation just keep it unplugged. But I sure would report the issue to Pit Boss so they are aware of it.

JetAllen

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I have the grill unplugged when not in use now. Just a wierd bug in the system maybe. I have reported to pit boss

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
Let us know if you hear back anything curious to know if this is a common issue or if it has happened to anyone else.

Latest Discussions