err code

Luckylisa

Reaction score
I just tried to do my first burn and I got an err code with flashing ignitor and fan light. How do I fix this ?? I unplugged it , then plugged back in an it did same thing. The auger works , but ignitor doesn't turn red.

Sounds like a bad ignitor, you need to call Pit Boss 877.303.3134 option 2
So Mike…
Just replaced the ignitor on my Laredo 1000. The ignitor appears to be kind of a glow plug. It glows red and gets real hot, which starts the pellets on fire.
Nowhere in the instructions does it say how far out the ignitor should go into the flame box. I pushed if all the way in, which extends it out about 1 1/2” or so.
Customer Service says no more than about 3/8”. Really?
The only portion of this ignitor that glows red hot is the 1/4” closest to the wire. Maybe that is an issue. But when I asked for clarification and that he wanted me to push the thing back away from the box, he confirmed.
You’re a moderator and on staff.
Before I tear this thing apart again, what is your take please?
Thanks!

Yeah, it does not stick out very far. Not sure how much turns red as I have never had an issue with mine. Are your pellets catching fire? Still getting the code? If all seems to work normally let it run for 30-45 minutes without cooking anything and see if it continues to run with no issues.

Hopefully someone here who has a Laredo can help, I have a different smoker.

I have similar issue. Pit is sending me the igniter and temp probe. They suggested 1/2 inch to me. I let you know when I get set up.

I have had the Lockhart @ 3 yrs
Had the Err problem with mine within a few months.
PB sent me another. Found out that the set screw was loose on the ignitor during mfg.
Protruded mine out @ 1/2"
Haven't had any issues since.

I have similar issue. Pit is sending me the igniter and temp probe. They suggested 1/2 inch to me. I let you know when I get set up.
Ok, I changed the igniter today. The directions said to leave out 1/4 inch, but I remember the tech support guy said leave out 1/2 inch. So I compromised and set at 3/8. I actually had a good rib smoke for 6hrs. with no issues. Still kind of wondering why igniter turns randomly on when flame is present though

I just tried to do my first burn and I got an err code with flashing ignitor and fan light. How do I fix this ?? I unplugged it , then plugged back in an it did same thing. The auger works , but ignitor doesn't turn red.
My 820 did the very same thing then the screen went black. Pitboss sent me a new controller

Back