Burn pot filling up

Kylebryan

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m fairly new to the pellet smoker crowd. Just bought an 820 pro a couple months ago and i started having issues with it this week. Started the smoker up on smoke and waited for it to light up. Then turned it up to 250 and all was well. Temps came up fine and I threw my ribs on. Came back about 2 hours later and the smoker was sitting at 140* and the burn pot was completely overflowing with pellets. I had vacuumed out the smoker and burn pot before starting it up so everything was clean. My cousin bought an 820 around the same time as me and he’s having the exact same issue. What causes this?

This happened to me as well along with a couple of other issues. I jumped on the forums here and it seems that a LOT of people are having igniter issues. I bought one from amazon for $13 or $14 dollars and replaced it because the customer support is sooooo slow. It has ran perfectly since the replacement. I would fill out a claim on their site and order one from amazon.

Yes, contact customer service 1-877-303-3134 and leave a call back number. I have also heard they respond fast when you message them on Facebook (I don't have FB so I don't know).

Hello everyone. I’m fairly new to the pellet smoker crowd. Just bought an 820 pro a couple months ago and i started having issues with it this week. Started the smoker up on smoke and waited for it to light up. Then turned it up to 250 and all was well. Temps came up fine and I threw my ribs on. Came back about 2 hours later and the smoker was sitting at 140* and the burn pot was completely overflowing with pellets. I had vacuumed out the smoker and burn pot before starting it up so everything was clean. My cousin bought an 820 around the same time as me and he’s having the exact same issue. What causes this?

2 things that cause this is your RTD probe is bad or the controller has failed or both. The igniter only stays on until it reaches a temp around 100 degrees then shuts off. Like Mike said you can call Pit Boss and provide the problem to them as I am certain it is the controller, but I would have them send you a replacement controller and RTD probe.

Latest Discussions

Back