Brand New and I already have a question

I am also new to this and having the same results as George above...Also see no smoke mode, Did they do away with smoke mode or do you just keep temps below 275?

I am also new to this and having the same results as George above...Also see no smoke mode, Did they do away with smoke mode or do you just keep temps below 275?
Depends on what you’re smoking but I like the low and slow method myself. Mine has a P button on it. I keep it on 4
I also got a smoke tube from Amazon that works very well. Good luck and keep rollin that smoke!

When you first start the 850 up you will see an "S" on the readout when you push the controller button in. That, as I underatand it, is the smoke mode. I think it runs at around 180 degrees F, but don't quote me on that.

When you first start the 850 up you will see an "S" on the readout when you push the controller button in. That, as I underatand it, is the smoke mode. I think it runs at around 180 degrees F, but don't quote me on that.
That is correct, the 850 automatically starts up in smoke mode which should be around 180 degrees.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back