20 lb Brisket

well that cool you learned something on this smoke .if anything you might try spraying it with apple juice to keep moisture in the meat I you do it unwrapped again
Hello Ant,
I really appreciate your notes on this cook, Splendid?
The longest hold I have done is 4 hours wrapped in peach paper kept inside of my best air tight cooler.
I have to wonder what effects of a 12 hour rest in a heated environment of no known humiditymay have had on the final moisture content of your brisket.
Did you sample the brisket before the last 12 hours?

No. I didn't sample it but I wonder the same thing. I read somewhere that Aaron Franklin rests his briskets at his restaurant for 12 hours at around 160. That's why I wanted to try it. In theory if I pulled the brisket at 190 internal and rested it at 160-165 it shouldn't keep cooking and dry out. One thing I didnt mention is I did use some of the tallow that I made while smoking this brisket when I wrapped it to rest.

No. I didn't sample it but I wonder the same thing. I read somewhere that Aaron Franklin rests his briskets at his restaurant for 12 hours at around 160. That's why I wanted to try it. In theory if I pulled the brisket at 190 internal and rested it at 160-165 it shouldn't keep cooking and dry out. One thing I didnt mention is I did use some of the tallow that I made while smoking this brisket when I wrapped it to rest.
At the restaurant where I work, we have combi-ovens and cook hold ovens with controled humidity, I wonder if Aaron Franklin has similar. Keep the faith! Every Smoke is an adventure!

well that cool you learned something on this smoke .if anything you might try spraying it with apple juice to keep moisture in the meat I you do it unwrapped again
I spritz mine with bourbon and beef broth.
A dry flat sounds under cooked to me. I cook till probe tender ALL over and that's usually between 195-210. Only time I pull at 190 is when I'm going to vac seal and hold in a sous vide for 24+ hours.

I spritz mine with bourbon and beef broth.
A dry flat sounds under cooked to me. I cook till probe tender ALL over and that's usually between 195-210. Only time I pull at 190 is when I'm going to vac seal and hold in a sous vide for 24+ hours.
Ant did a great job, with his reports I feel like I was there, but didn't get any IPS.

Latest Discussions

Back