What's up with rib prices?

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
Been a few months since I have done ribs. Normally I can get a couple of racks for 8 or 9 bucks. Yesterday I noticed the roices have skyrocketed to around $23 a slab!

Mike From R.I.

Reaction score
Prices are high here too, best Id seen was 3-4 dollars a pound. Last year I was catching sales for 2 dollars a pound.

MKinHB

Staff member
Reaction score
ribs here are still the same, but tri tip is way higher than before.
I see tri tips for 30-40 bucks now, 9 - 10 a pound

Gkr7007

Reaction score
Every meat seems to up except maybe chicken. But beef is just out of control.

ANT0407

Reaction score
I'm looking at $20 for a rack of loins last time I checked here in NH.

JeepSmoker

Reaction score
Remember the summer of 2020? They were killing pigs by the thousands when the packing plants closed and they had no place to ship them. A lot of farmers quit raising pigs...at least for a while. We're still feeling the effects of that. IPC (Indiana Packers Corp) here in Indiana has billboards all over paying $18.50 (up from $15) for production workers. Along with high grain prices, higher shipping costs ( fuel is at least 50% higher, THANKS JOE!), and they're having trouble getting big rig drivers back to work!

Poultry is next. We aren't going to see $ .49 turkeys this year!!!!:confused:

Sparky

Reaction score
Remember the summer of 2020? They were killing pigs by the thousands when the packing plants closed and they had no place to ship them. A lot of farmers quit raising pigs...at least for a while. We're still feeling the effects of that. IPC (Indiana Packers Corp) here in Indiana has billboards all over paying $18.50 (up from $15) for production workers. Along with high grain prices, higher shipping costs ( fuel is at least 50% higher, THANKS JOE!), and they're having trouble getting big rig drivers back to work!

Poultry is next. We aren't going to see $ .49 turkeys this year!!!!:confused:
That's if you can fine them. My wife started looked last weekend and could not fine any.

Latest Discussions