thinking about "upgrading" the PS2 controller to the PS3 on a 1600 Elite.. possible?

Tbranella

Reaction score
Ok, since the new 1600 Elite PSE came out, I'm thinking if it's possible to upgrade my PS2 controller to the PS3.. and probably adding the new rapid igniter.. because why not? LOL
going to compare parts lisis between the two and see what's different.

is anyone else considering this?

Ok, since the new 1600 Elite PSE came out, I'm thinking if it's possible to upgrade my PS2 controller to the PS3.. and probably adding the new rapid igniter.. because why not? LOL

I’m not sure if the controller is interchangeable. If it is I’d wait, let them get any bugs out of it. But that’s just my opinion.

I just now finished changing a PS1 to a PS2, the big box selling the pro version had a vertical they tossed because it fell over and had quite a bit of damage. I grabbed it and took the controller out and temporarily connected to my 1100 pro and it worked like a charm. Wiring was a little different so I redid some connections and wallah. I have to make an adapter plate because different size holes for the controllers.

The 1600 PSE controller is not compatible. The components on the PSE are DC drive.

rather than upgrading to the New pit boss hardware, Im working on converting to PIFire. This gets frequent updates and feature adds, and has an active community. They have PWM support for a DC fan, so you could go that route down the road if you wanted.

Back