Smoker First then Oven Finish

Steve In Pa

Reaction score
I did a recipe that called for a good long smoke then into the oven broiler at the end for a glaze finish.
So it occurred to me, why not use the stove oven more often when the recipe calls for a beginning smoke, then just a cook finish. Meaning smoke isn't used toward the end.
Yea, it's more fun doing the whole routine in the smoker, but I could see times when switching over the the stove oven in the house would be handy, such as on a miserably cold and windy winter day.
So what do you think about this?

Fxdride

Reaction score
I smoked a Boston butt like this Saturday. Smoked it to my stall temp, then placed it in a pan and wrapped foil and completed the cook. Worked great as it was a rainy and cold day.

Janice Brant

Reaction score
94 Campbell St Trenton Ontario Canada K8V 3A1
I did a recipe that called for a good long smoke then into the oven broiler at the end for a glaze finish.
So it occurred to me, why not use the stove oven more often when the recipe calls for a beginning smoke, then just a cook finish. Meaning smoke isn't used toward the end.
Yea, it's more fun doing the whole routine in the smoker, but I could see times when switching over the the stove oven in the house would be handy, such as on a miserably cold and windy winter day.
Thanks for the return, just new at this and appreciate any help I can get. Turned out really nice, in smoker for 3hrs 10lb ham shoulder, then stuck in oven to finish. Really impressed!!

pawpawjts

Reaction score
Yup definitely got a good point. But if you ever want to do the whole cook definitely get the Turkey dunrite it is so juicy