Smoke Issue

AgronAlum

Reaction score
My pellet grill seems to be the opposite of everything I’ve read when it comes to smoke. I get basically nothing out the stack at lower temps (180-250) and a bunch of good blue smoke at higher temps (300-high). The temp reading are correct because I’ve checked at the grates with a separate thermometer and I keep it clean. I’ve resorted to using a smoke tube with almost everything I smoke.

I let it run through the setup cycle before picking a temp. My FIL has a big Pit Boss vertical smoker and it’s night and day between the two.

I’ve tried almost every pellet brand available including various flavors of BBQ Delight, Kingsford, Traeger and Pitboss. It all acts the same way.

I’ve got the Pitt Boss Pro 850 from Lowes.

I have the same grill and it smokes like crazy.
But it was different with the old controller, the new updated controller makes way more smoke.

I have the same grill and it smokes like crazy.
But it was different with the old controller, the new updated controller makes way more smoke.

I believe I have the updated controller from what I’ve read. I’ve got 10 degree increments up until something like 300-350 and then 25 degree increments from there.

I believe I have the updated controller from what I’ve read. I’ve got 10 degree increments up until something like 300-350 and then 25 degree increments from there.
Yep, that's the new one,
Mine gets to set temperature and then it will swing up and down a couple degrees and it smokes like crazy while this is happening.

Back