Pro Series Tabletop

00SVT

Reaction score
Bought one of these a few weeks ago. Right out of the box the fan started sounding like it was having a issue running. Pitboss told me it was not right to sound that way. Said they would send a fan out. A few days later call and am told it was on Backorder. To return it for another one. Did that and still had the same issue. Spent some time on the phone with them with that one as well. Said it is normal. It still gets up to temp, just doesn’t seem right. Have seen a few people as of late have the same issue. It runs smooth once temp gets above 300. Other wise it just makes the strange noise. Its not the Auger fan it def is the combustion fan. Pulled the side cover off and watched it run as the noise was happening. Tried to upload the video. But the file is to big. Any input with the same issue, I would like to know what Pitboss has told you. I have seen its normal and others its not.

Haven't had that issue and it sure sounds weird. I waited around 4 months for a back ordered controller. Hope your wait is a lot shorter.

Spoke with them today to follow if they have a update to when the fan is shipping. The guy I spoke with is leaning towards the controller not working properly on low temps. They don’t even have a controller to send out either. Will be waiting on the fan as that is were they originally want to start with. Will update you guys once I have any more info. to provide.

Little update, got home from work to find the replacement fan. Will switch it out, but not sure that is the problem I am having.

Got time this morning to get it swapped out. Still doing the same thing. They are sending me out a control board now. 🤞🏼This will fix my issue.

Got the new Controller swapped out this morning. Still have the same issue. Just gonna roll with it I guess till it quits. Will give them a call and let them know no change with it.

So the engineering folks at pitboss are saying this is normal. It helps keep temps steady at low temps. I’m not buying it as I have been told it to be a defective control board as well. My dad has one of these as well. Different series, but same controller. He does not have this issue and it works fine. So I think like on the new Pro series Pid controllers not working, they took some time to get them corrected. I guess if this one goes out, I have another one to put in.

Did a little more reading on the Facebook page. They have had so many calls on these that they are going to re design the controllers. Not sure how long that will take. But I def. Will be upgrading once they are available.

My brand new PB150PPS fan is surging too. Will call in to see if they have a fix as it is really annoying. If it was intentional they could have slewed the speed change up and down slower, so not as noticeable.

Back