Pro 820 flame out

PostmanC7

Reaction score
I have had so many flame outs that I can’t count how many times it’s happened whether I was smoking at a P setting of 4, 3, 2 or low cooking at 225 if I walk away it will just out.

PostmanC7

Reaction score
It would be so nice to have a button that I could turn the igniter back on with

bwturner1951

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on my 820 also which is not even a year old. Every time it flames out, the fire pot is full of pellets so it's not an augur void issue. I just bought brand new, all natural Traeger pellets and the same thing happened about 3-4 hours into the cook. I had to remove the brisket, grates, etc., clean out the fire pot and start over. This extended my cook time by an hour. Extremely annoying. C'mon Pit Boss, give us some answers. I agree with other posters, an auto ignite when low temp is detected would be great.

PostmanC7

Reaction score
Last time I cleaned out my pit boss 820 I noticed that the igniter wiggled after further investigation it was loose I adjusted it tightened it and the fire stayed lit the whole time

bwturner1951

Reaction score
Wow! I’m glad that solved your problem but it has me scratching my head. If the igniter is only on during the first 4 minutes after power on, how do you think a loose igniter would cause a flameout 3-4 hours into the cook and with a fire pot full of pellets? Just curious.

HuntJ08

Reaction score
Poor mtg. From PB
Once I figured out the igniter on my Lockhart was a production fault, mine has worked without any issues!

Just got thru with a 5+ hour call ok this afternoon!
No probs!

PostmanC7

Reaction score
Wow! I’m glad that solved your problem but it has me scratching my head. If the igniter is only on during the first 4 minutes after power on, how do you think a loose igniter would cause a flameout 3-4 hours into the cook and with a fire pot full of pellets? Just curious.
Yep I know. But it just worked for 9 hours and that’s all that changed.

PostmanC7

Reaction score
It could keep explosions to a minimum. That is after the first time. I learned clean after every cook just to inspect. Had some klinkers a couple of times.

Latest Discussions