Platinum Brunswick No smoke

darigi

Reaction score
I just got a pit boss Platinum Brunswick smoker. I must be doing something wrong, I did the first burn at 400 degrees didn’t see a lot of smoke,I let it cool down. Then I started held prime button watched temperature rise definitely smoking but the after 5 minutes no visible smoke HELP!

Welcome to the group first and foremost!
All of them do that. Use the P setting button and put it on P4 for more smoke. You can also buy a smoke tube for even more smoke. Make sure to clean it and vac out the pellet dust because if you don’t, it’ll take it longer to fire up. You’ll see what I’m talking about if you pull the grates and the heat shield. Good luck

250 deg and below is where you'll get the most smoke. Above that and there is less. If you need more smoke flavor ,try a smoke tube or hickory and oak pellets.

A platinum version doesn't have the P setting. Just put it on smoke. Anything above 250 will not be enough smoke.

I'm following this thread since I just purchased the same unit AND I'm having the same problem. I made the switch from real wood to pellet and I thought I did my due diligence In researching pellet smokers but I guess I never considered "lack of smoke" something I'd have to worry about. I've done 2 smokes, not including the required burnout process, and I love the even cooking but the lack of smoke is concerning for me. I hope to see some tricks because I own a food trailer and pulled pork is a huge seller for us.

I'm following this thread since I just purchased the same unit AND I'm having the same problem. I made the switch from real wood to pellet and I thought I did my due diligence In researching pellet smokers but I guess I never considered "lack of smoke" something I'd have to worry about. I've done 2 smokes, not including the required burnout process, and I love the even cooking but the lack of smoke is concerning for me. I hope to see some tricks because I own a food trailer and pulled pork is a huge seller for us.
I use a smoke tube and layer pellets and wood chips for more smoke on my 820

Latest Discussions

Back