Pit Boss Server Error

Anyone have any idea when they will fix the server issue. It is frustrating that you can’t connect to the grill without them working.
Having the exact same issues. Installed on a brand new Samsung Tablet as well as a two year old Samsung phone and I get both errors you get.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230326-182358_Pit Boss Grills.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326-182358_Pit Boss Grills.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230326-180634_Pit Boss Grills.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326-180634_Pit Boss Grills.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 6
It ruined my pulled pork. I left to run some errands. It was at 250 and connected to the server. It must have reset when it went down and the it reset the temp to 130. Trying to save it but I think it’s toast.

It ruined my pulled pork. I left to run some errands. It was at 250 and connected to the server. It must have reset when it went down and the it reset the temp to 130. Trying to save it but I think it’s toast.
Sorry to hear that.....

This was a big selling feature for me...

I've only done the 'burn in' so far. I'm doing a chicken tomorrow. Clearly I'll have to keep an eye on it.

I’ve really never had a problem before though since they went to the new app it’s been horrible.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it is working now. Showed no "update" available, so not a version issues as I am still on 1.0.2

This is new to me.
Do I use the wifi and Bluetooth both?
Does it have to be running to connect or just plugged in?

Sorry for all the questions.
There is something wrong with the app. Too many people complaining. Hopefully they (PB) will chime in with an answer soon....

Put Boss had better get on this problem fast. I’m not going to burn up or waste an expensive piece of meat. That is precisely why I purchased a smart cooker. Put Boss support, get you arse on the situation now!!

Put Boss had better get on this problem fast. I’m not going to burn up or waste an expensive piece of meat. That is precisely why I purchased a smart cooker. Put Boss support, get you arse on the situation now!!
I just happened to be setting my new smoker up on a day it was down of course....

It left me wondering the whole day what had I been doing wrong so I'd think of something go turn it all back on again and waste more pellets.

Today I tried and it worked great first time so now I'm about to do a chicken.

I'm thinking @rtreider meant something different by his message than you're thinking. That or you're a bot covering up for his honest and negative review.
I only meant that that app that Pit Boss has beeen wanting all of their customers to utilize for cooking really needed additional development before hand before sending a pop up in the SmokeIT app, and that I failed back to it just so I could still monitor my meat remote.

I’m thinking that the new app has a lot of promise. It worked fine for me this week. I’m hoping they’ve gotten the bugs from last week all worked out.

I only meant that that app that Pit Boss has beeen wanting all of their customers to utilize for cooking really needed additional development before hand before sending a pop up in the SmokeIT app, and that I failed back to it just so I could still monitor my meat remote.

I’m thinking that the new app has a lot of promise. It worked fine for me this week. I’m hoping they’ve gotten the bugs from last week all worked out.
Sorry if there was any confusion, I fully understood you...and I agree with you.

I only tagged your name because you very deservedly criticized the SmokeIT app and @teejay replied with a message which totally ignored the content of your message, thanked you, and said he went out and bought it.

That is very typical behavior of a forum Bot that is meant to change the direction of the conversation just in case it reflects negatively on the product.

I could be wrong.... but this is not an uncommon practice.

Last edited:
Sorry if there was any confusion, I fully understood you...and I agree with you.

I only tagged your name because you very deservedly criticized the SmokeIT app and @teejay replied with a message which totally ignored the content of your message, thanked you, and said he went out and bought it.

That is very typical behavior of a forum Bot that is meant to change the direction of the conversation just in case it reflects negatively on the product.

I just wish the app developer would chime in with a yea

I just wish someone from pit boss would chime in with yea or nay there's a problem, and we are on it.

I just wish the app developer would chime in with a yea

I just wish someone from pit boss would chime in with yea or nay there's a problem, and we are on it.
100% agree.

This topic is listed as the Pit Boss Forum's # 1 topic yet we hear nothing.

By chance is anyone experiencing a phenomenon where the temperature will be set at say for example, 250F on both the app and the smoker(Brunswick Platinum for me) only to walk out to the smoker and see it's actual temperature has changed 50 degrees higher or lower then your 'Set Temp?' No rhyme or reason which direction.

The chimney for the most part is adjusted based on temperature. High temp cooks use an almost fully open position and vice versa.

Nothing has been touched or changed. No doors have been opened on the smoker.

I'm using a very stable wifi connection on a TP-link Archer AX11000 router approx 20ft from the smoker with one 2x6 wall in between.

With a router like this, my biggest concern is not connection stability, it's getting cancer.

Bluetooth provides the same results.

The issue is.... I don't experience this problem as long as I haven't connected the app. If I turn the smoker on and use it as if there is no app then its within 5 degrees the whole time.

If I turn the app on, after a yet undetermined amount of time, the smoker temperature will start to either nose dive, or skyrocket while still showing the proper "Set Temp"

Back