Pit Boss Recall

Reaction score
After becoming an owner by way of gift, the many problems I have personally encountered and the inconsistent explanations by PB customer service lead me to believe there is a flaw in the control board or "brain" of these smokers. This site and others are full of problems that describe the frustrations and inconsistent results of this product. The cost of these "smoke boxes" would imply quality yet often owners are left to their own engineering or You Tube videos of Shade Tree fixes.

I believe Pit Boss is not being fully transparent with their product problems yet continue to push out merchandise to unsuspecting consumers. I also believe that businesses that front these products (BBQ Guys, Lowes, etc.) with glowing reviews that ignore our reported issues are not helping inform or protect the little guy.

Pit Boss should issue a recall or provide a replacement control board to any owner that wants one - no questions asked, but they probably can't guarantee the replacement at this time which is why they seem to be "fumbling" through customer service calls.

I will be using my neighbors Masterbuilt this weekend due to an unreliable PB.

This is very concerning to me. I have been reading a great deal about the Pit Boss and even went to Lowe's today. I liked what I saw and was even considering the Pro 1600 model. Since reading so many posting about temp issues, I don't know what to do. I hope they are working on a fix, but until they get one, I believe I would be wasting my money. I currently have a Louisiana Grill, which is owned by Pit Boss. It's almost 11 years old and I'm having problems with temp consistency.

the concept is great, even at first look it seems wonderful but............a lot of problems found all over the internet , including this forum.

This was a Christmas gift. Purchased from a Lowes in Sept., opened on Christmas. Thus Lowes rejecting return due to 90 day rule.

I'm currently getting pushback from customer service about replacing control board.....

the concept is great, even at first look it seems wonderful but............a lot of problems found all over the internet , including this forum.

This was a Christmas gift. Purchased from a Lowes in Sept., opened on Christmas. Thus Lowes rejecting return due to 90 day rule.

I'm currently getting pushback from customer service about replacing control board.....
Lowe's is going to have a warehouse of returned product if they don't stop selling these

Lowe's is going to have a warehouse of returned product if they don't stop selling these
Well, my friend, you are right but the Lowes Return Policy is made so as there would be no need of having a separate warehouse of a returned products as there are certain exceptions which the product has to undergo and that need to fulfil by its customer.

Back