Pit Boss 1600 Pro Series

mickelp

Reaction score
Who has the 1600 pro series? I would like to know if this has the same controller in it as the 1150. Are you still experiencing the same temp problems from 200 - 300.

I looked at the 1600 at Lowe's, it looks like it has the same controller as the 1150, we will soon find out if people are having the same problems.
By the way, I haven't seen the 1150 at the 2 Lowe's I go to lately, I wonder if it was removed.

I looked at the 1600 at Lowe's, it looks like it has the same controller as the 1150, we will soon find out if people are having the same problems.
By the way, I haven't seen the 1150 at the 2 Lowe's I go to lately, I wonder if it was removed.
From my understanding the controller in the 1600 Pro Series uses a different chip set. It looks and operates the same minus the issues of the 1150. That being said, some are having issues with their 1600. My 1600 so far has been great. My only issue is that it does not like to hold 250°. Every other temperature works great.

Hey everyone I pick up my PB1600 last weekend and have cooked on it a few times. I'm not sure if I want to keep it for almost $1000. I like the space the wifi and bluetooth and the features is nice but the app stills seems slow and glitchey. I have noticed that there is big temp different on the main grill near the firepot vs the system temp probe. I had it set to 250 and the main grill was not getting above 210 (190-208) it was 40 outside with a lite wind. The first night I cooked on it I could not get it to go over 300 to cook pancakes on the griddle. It was windy and 30 outside. I know with my old smoker would have be able to make it to 500 no issues. The 1600 controller I would say it's more like the 1150 controller from what I have seen. I also asked PB about the upgrade on the controller so we have more options for setting instead of the 50 degree increments, they said it not getting an update anytime soon. I'm really thinking about camp chef or a different company. It's a lot of money to spend on a grill that doesn't perform out of the box.

I HAVE THE 1100 PRO DO YOU KNOW THE DEMENSIONS OF THE GRIDDLE ? OR IF IT WILL FIT IN MY 1100
THANKS

Looks like it will fit in the 1100 pro mine is 19” deep and width doesn’t matter
Thanks again for the info

Sold my PB Austin XL to upgrade to Pro Series. Then I found that the 1150 has 10 degree increments in the low temps, but the 1600 does not. It was a consolation prize for 1150 owners that had the low temp fluctuation issues. I called PB and the nice guy told me the 1600 does not have the option to send in the control board for a firmware upgrade and didn't know if it ever would. Disappointing. May go with another brand.

So my 1600 was missing the temperature knob. Not a big deal. PitBoss said they don't have just the knob, but would send a whole new controller. Seems wasteful for a 50 cent knob, but ok. Waited 2-3 months for the new controller hoping it would be firmware upgraded with the smaller temperature increments I'm desperate to have. Removed the bottom panel and had three screws that were frozen in place. PITA and the screws are trashed. Not the end of the world. Put the new controller in to find out that it does NOT have any different temperature increments than the old one. Now I have to find replacement screws. Would have been better off ordering a generic knob on Ebay and saving myself the friggin' hassle. Otherwise I like the grill, but the temp/app issues are really aggravating.

Who has the 1600 pro series? I would like to know if this has the same controller in it as the 1150. Are you still experiencing the same temp problems from 200 - 300.
So my 1600 was missing the temperature knob. Not a big deal. PitBoss said they don't have just the knob, but would send a whole new controller. Seems wasteful for a 50 cent knob, but ok. Waited 2-3 months for the new controller hoping it would be firmware upgraded with the smaller temperature increments I'm desperate to have. Removed the bottom panel and had three screws that were frozen in place. PITA and the screws are trashed. Not the end of the world. Put the new controller in to find out that it does NOT have any different temperature increments than the old one. Now I have to find replacement screws. Would have been better off ordering a generic knob on Ebay and saving myself the friggin' hassle. Otherwise I like the grill, but the temp/app issues are really aggravating.

UPDATE---I filled out a service ticket asking about a firmware upgrade. The next day I got an email to confirm my shipping address for a NEW controller with the upgraded firmware. Kudos to PB for the quick reply and minimal hassle. If it arrives and works as promised, I will have no complaints at all about the grill. Thanx PB!!

Latest Discussions

Back