PB1150ps2

Wild Bill

Media
Reaction score
What a 2 day trip this just trying to get a brisket cooked. First off, I could not get the temperature to set at 250 no matter how hard I tried. I turned it up to 350 for one hour and dialed it back to 250 only to watch it settle at 210-211.
The next issue was my probe. I say probe because the other one already crapped out. So, the last one I had decided to take a dump on me today right in the middle of my cook.
So now, let’s really talk something funny. My son was home from college for the week. Mr big tech himself in the house. So, I’ve avoided downloading the app on my phone just because I knew it was going to be a pain in the arse. So he decides to do it for me. Yeah, what a joke this was. We go thru all the crap to finally get it going right. So picture this, I’m sitting next to the pit. I get up and walk 13 steps to the back door, enter and close the door and there goes the blue tooth signal. Nothing, it just stops working on the last numbers that were shown. I walk back to the pit, sit down, then I get a blue tooth signal again. Huh. Scratching my head. I know it asked for my wifi password and stuff. But no, it ain’t working. What a piece of sh!t I’m thinking.
so, that’s how it went today boys. Damn near made me want to fire up the old Smokey.

What a 2 day trip this just trying to get a brisket cooked. First off, I could not get the temperature to set at 250 no matter how hard I tried. I turned it up to 350 for one hour and dialed it back to 250 only to watch it settle at 210-211.
The next issue was my probe. I say probe because the other one already crapped out. So, the last one I had decided to take a dump on me today right in the middle of my cook.
So now, let’s really talk something funny. My son was home from college for the week. Mr big tech himself in the house. So, I’ve avoided downloading the app on my phone just because I knew it was going to be a pain in the arse. So he decides to do it for me. Yeah, what a joke this was. We go thru all the crap to finally get it going right. So picture this, I’m sitting next to the pit. I get up and walk 13 steps to the back door, enter and close the door and there goes the blue tooth signal. Nothing, it just stops working on the last numbers that were shown. I walk back to the pit, sit down, then I get a blue tooth signal again. Huh. Scratching my head. I know it asked for my wifi password and stuff. But no, it ain’t working. What a piece of sh!t I’m thinking.
so, that’s how it went today boys. Damn near made me want to fire up the old Smokey.
This model has a lot of issues! Supposedly PB is going to roll out a fix or 3 for it by the end of the year but it I won’t hold my breath! I hate you had that issue hope you were able to overcome and get dinner on the table.

This model has a lot of issues! Supposedly PB is going to roll out a fix or 3 for it by the end of the year but it I won’t hold my breath! I hate you had that issue hope you were able to overcome and get dinner on the table.
Got everything cooked. It was a little over cooked but we managed.

Brand New grill and 1st cook was started at 10 pm on Dec 23rd.I couldn't get smoke it app to work yesterday and night before last. Fortunately, I had ThermoPro setup that I measured temps with. Grill internal temp is off about 35 degrees, but who's counting.

Brand New grill and 1st cook was started at 10 pm on Dec 23rd.I couldn't get smoke it app to work yesterday and night before last. Fortunately, I had ThermoPro setup that I measured temps with. Grill internal temp is off about 35 degrees, but who's counting.
35 degrees makes a huge difference when it comes to done and overcooked.

Back