PB 1600 Pizza Oven

Mostekjw17

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a 1600 pro here shortly. The wife wants one that can fit a pizza oven.

Can anybody confirm if the GMG insert or another universal pizza oven will fit in the 1600?

Thanks!

We just use a standard pizza stone. Got it off Amazon

Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a 1600 pro here shortly. The wife wants one that can fit a pizza oven.

Can anybody confirm if the GMG insert or another universal pizza oven will fit in the 1600?

Thanks!
I have a 1600 and like Cowboy 1955 said, I use a pizza stone and that works great. Pizza always comes out fantastic.

I bought a GMG. Needed just a slight amount of metal work to fit perfectly in the PitBoss. If your handy then its not a big deal. Four tangs stick out to catch the front and rear rails in the PB. Had to cut about 50% of them off to fit and it dropped right in. Went back and adjusted the amount sticking out in front and re-welded to fit. We love it. TIGHT fit side to side on our smaller Lexington. NBD on the larger width grills.

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 47
I have a 1600 and like Cowboy 1955 said, I use a pizza stone and that works great. Pizza always comes out fantastic.
So since I posted this, my girlfriend won me an Ooni pizza oven at a fund raiser auction. It is a propane oven, I'm firing it up for lunch today.
20220317_113350.jpg

Last edited:
So since I posted this, my girlfriend won me a Ooni pizza oven at a fund raiser auction. It is a propane oven, I'm firing it up for lunch today.
Well lookit you go! Break out the ole Laser Thermometer. Ahh, I see it layin there.

My wife has a quick recipe for crust if your interested. Very crispy, cooks thoroughly. Greek Yogurt and flour with no rest/rise/yeast.

Good Luck!

Well lookit you go! Break out the ole Laser Thermometer. Ahh, I see it layin there.

My wife has a quick recipe for crust if your interested. Very crispy, cooks thoroughly. Greek Yogurt and flour with no rest/rise/yeast.

Good Luck!
I'd love that recipe, thanks

Yea I see how its propane. Looks to be a really nice one. My little Lexington gets mine up to around 600-650 (all Ive had the patience for so far) but it does pretty good. About a 12 min cook time.

Tell ya where it falls short is in rebound time. Seems like all the steel around it would force it to maintain better.

Latest Discussions

Back