On smokes more than 3 hours my 820 goes out.

Hey, I'll just call you Smoker cause I'm from "that school up north" and until we beat you guys we cant say that other word. I have the same problem with the same smoker. Mine shuts off anywhere between the 1st hour and the 5th hour of smoking. Ive talked to Pit Boss twice. The first time was not very helpful. He told me to check the timing on the auger to make sure that it was stopping the pellet release as it is supposed to ( the timing numbers are in your manual.) Mine was all over the place. sometimes it stopped exactly on time and other times it just kept right on spitting the pellets out. I'm assuming that it smothers the fire. The second guy I spoke with after waiting on hold for 2 hours, was great. He immediately ordered out a new mother board, or whatever they call it. one day later I received notification that the part had shipped. He also said if thats not the problem he'll send a temp probe or whatever it takes to fix things. I understand your frustration but I have to say when it works right the food comes out so much better looking and tasting than it ever did with my Masterbuilt electric smoker. Good luck to you.
Thank you very much for the info. I will check the timing for the feed and see if it is consistent. If it is not I will call Pit Boss. My favorite day of the year is the day of "THE GAME". I hope your school is undefeated when they get to that game, and after the game you still have to call it "That School Up North". Again thank you for the valuable information.

Latest Discussions

Back