New Pro Series PBV4PS1

Darth Revan

Reaction score
I have my first pork shoulder going right now and I have followed all of the start-up procedures but I am not getting any more smoke from the unit. The heat is maintaining (I have it at 250 f) but no smoke has been produced since the initial start-up. Is there something I am doing wrong or is this the way the unit works? I can’t find a thing online about it or in the manual. PLEASE HELP!!

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I don't think you should see much smoke at 250. It's there, you just don't see it. How did the pork come out?

OP
OP
D

Darth Revan

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I don't think you should see much smoke at 250. It's there, you just don't see it. How did the pork come out?
Came out amazing! Just took some getting used to. I am so used to a traditional smoker so it took some adjusting.

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
You typically get more smoke on a lower setting. Once you bump up the temp you see less smoke as the pellets are feeding more and burning hotter but you will still get smoke flavor. I used mine series 3 vertical for the first time over the weekend and had it set on 200 for the first 6 hours and got amazing. When I try new things out I follow the instructions of Weekend Warrior BBQ on YouTube. I followed this for a pork butt:

He has a ton of videos so I try out some of the stuff he has done but sometimes I will change the settings on my PB. For the one above I followed it like he said but once I hit 207 on my boston butt I put it in an empty cooler for about 90 minutes while it was still wrapped. And even after 90 minutes it was still too hot to pull by hand.