New PB850 Owner - Flame Broiler Foil/ Drip Pan?

PRZING

Reaction score
Hi, Newbie to Pellet Grill and New to this forum. Happy to find you all. I do own a BGE so not completely new to smoking etc... I picked up a PB850 3 weeks ago and 4 or 5 cooks in and I am very happy with results. Question, when roasting or smoking is anyone covering the flame broiler plate with foil or using some sort of drip pan? Thus far I have used neither and it did get pretty gunked up and even had trouble opening the sear plate. What's the go to move or a hack that will help me? or just let it go?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, Newbie to Pellet Grill and New to this forum. Happy to find you all. I do own a BGE so not completely new to smoking etc... I picked up a PB850 3 weeks ago and 4 or 5 cooks in and I am very happy with results. Question, when roasting or smoking is anyone covering the flame broiler plate with foil or using some sort of drip pan? Thus far I have used neither and it did get pretty gunked up and even had trouble opening the sear plate. What's the go to move or a hack that will help me? or just let it go?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum. I haven't foiled or used a drip pan. I place my meats on a small pan with a rack. It probably blocks a bit of the smoke but has worked well for me. I think it would be difficult to foil over the broiler mechanism, but a drip pan might work well. Something to consider in the future.

I mainly use a dedicated non-stick cookie sheet and support the meat about 4 inches above that with a folding leg coated steel grate, to be able to get smoke all around the meat.. Works very well and cleans up real easy. Bought both at our local Menards for very little. Last thing I did on it was a small Brisket. Worked very well. Keeps grates and most of the interior clean as can be expected.

Welcome to the group?
I sometimes use foil except when I smokin a steak

Thank you for the reply's! I suspected covering the plate with foil wouldn't hurt anything as long as not searing but wanted confirmation from some veteran's. Additionally after poking around on this forum I saw pictures of what other's are doing and how others are cooking and has given me some ideas as well. Completely on the same page with Badger. And Cowboy...saw one of your pictures of a Butt in a Roaster Pan....never have done that but all about giving that a try. Thanks Guys looking forward to this forum.

Latest Discussions

Back