Meat Handling Gloves

What gloves would be recommended for handling cooking sheets or Pots? I have tried the gloves made for heat as well as a oven mitt. Its good when you remove something. But to carry to something inside the house. They don’t do well, get to hot on the hands after just a few seconds. Would a set of welding gloves be better?

What gloves would be recommended for handling cooking sheets or Pots? I have tried the gloves made for heat as well as a oven mitt. Its good when you remove something. But to carry to something inside the house. They don’t do well, get to hot on the hands after just a few seconds. Would a set of welding gloves be better?
I’ve used my welding gloves for handling the hot racks, pans, etc and they are great. Dexterity is certainly more limited.

Hey folks, eventually were going to get around to doing a pulled pork smoke. Looking on line I see options for gloves to handle the hot meat during the pulling process.
Any recommendations of type and/or brand would be appreciated.
Also, what about those claw like devices that help with the process, what do you think about those?
I use the silicon gloves. They are non-slip and easy to wash. I had the longer 'smooth' gloves prior to that and found the food too slippery to hold them easily. At Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Tenderizer-M...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Also have the claws but never use them any more. Start with hands wearing these gloves, and pull apart all the pieces, discarding big fat blobs. Then use forks to shred those pieces. Easy and fast.

once the bone is pulled, fat mostly removed, I use a kitchen aide Stand Mixer with the dough hook........simple, fast, and hands dont get very hot. I can even toss a little "Jack" and dry rub in with each batch

once the bone is pulled, fat mostly removed, I use a kitchen aide Stand Mixer with the dough hook........simple, fast, and hands dont get very hot. I can even toss a little "Jack" and dry rub in with each batch
Intersesting...so meat in the mixing bowl and the hook does the work.

I initially saw on MAN FIRE FOOD, and Rodger Mooking was at a guy's pit, using a garden weasel and 5-gal bucket.....

Hey folks, eventually were going to get around to doing a pulled pork smoke. Looking on line I see options for gloves to handle the hot meat during the pulling process.
Also, what about those claw like devices that help with the process, what do you think about those?
I always use the plastic bear claws. You can also pick the butts up with it I have gloves but very seldom use them

I got you on this! We found Oklahoma Joes pac of disposable gloves (50) with the Cotten insert gloves that you wear under them. They are amazing & will do exactly as you need! My husband loves them.

Attachments

• 2027153C-F473-4D75-89E6-7604ECA7C050.png
    2027153C-F473-4D75-89E6-7604ECA7C050.png
    230.7 KB · Views: 24
Here’s that YouTube of the guy recommending two sets of gloves
I've been using this setup for some time. Works without any issue. Even holding hot hot meat for some time is OK. I can feel it warm, but doesn't get hot. I have some rigid rubberized gloves -- can't feel a thing in them, but I used to use them for pulling -- I couldn't get the suckers off when they were wet. I have a set of claws still in a bag in a drawer.

I've been using this setup for some time. Works without any issue. Even holding hot hot meat for some time is OK. I can feel it warm, but doesn't get hot. I have some rigid rubberized gloves -- can't feel a thing in them, but I used to use them for pulling -- I couldn't get the suckers off when they were wet. I have a set of claws still in a bag in a drawer.
I got a set of gloves and the claws. Turns out for a recent pork butt smoke we didn’t need the gloves. We broke the butt into smaller chunks that my wife went through cleaning out stringy and fatty material. I then used the claws to rake the pieces apart then into nice bite size bits. The claws are the sharpened pointed metal type with a comfortable rubber handle.

I let it cool some and shred it with two forks. People I knew that bought the "bear claws" say it's a waste of money.
I don't understand the negative comments on the bear claws.
I will never be without them. I think that those people perhaps did not figure out the best way to operate them.
I interlock the claws, then push the tops of the handles together. It is like a scissoring action, Rather than clawing at the meat. It is a very simple operation but difficult to describe. This is very easy, no pulling at the meat. Mine was a inexpensive pair from Amazon. They make real short work of shredding meat with this motion I tried to explain.

Latest Discussions

Back