Lowes PB1100PSC2 Combo Smoker / Grill - Should I return?

bmack500

Reaction score
Just got this, put it together and I wanted to make smoked salmon right away. After getting it all connected, the lowest temperature shown on the app is 180F; but on the grill control, it's 200.

Since I want to smoke a lot of Salmon, should I just return it and get something that will smoke at lower temps?

Also, when I try to input a receipt, I am supposed to be able to select the recipe step; I just get the same "S" I get when setting temp, no matter if I turn the dial or Press & turn it.

I emailed their support, and asked them these questions. They said there was not update; they did not address the temperature discrepancy between the app & the grill control, no did they tell me if they planned an update.

Fireteam6

Reaction score
Just got this, put it together and I wanted to make smoked salmon right away. After getting it all connected, the lowest temperature shown on the app is 180F; but on the grill control, it's 200.

Since I want to smoke a lot of Salmon, should I just return it and get something that will smoke at lower temps?

Also, when I try to input a receipt, I am supposed to be able to select the recipe step; I just get the same "S" I get when setting temp, no matter if I turn the dial or Press & turn it.

I emailed their support, and asked them these questions. They said there was not update; they did not address the temperature discrepancy between the app & the grill control, no did they tell me if they planned an update.
I am not sure about your Smoker, on mine the S is the 180 (S = Smoke).

MikeInFla

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I understand the "recipe" option in a gimmick and it clears out every time you turn the unit off. But I don't have your model maybe someone here will chime in.

Opticsguy

Reaction score
Put a meat probe on the cooking surface and try different settings. I'll bet S is around 160F where your food would be. I have the same grill and use a probe to measure temperature instead of the AT reading

Latest Discussions