Help, Please.

Jpowell2528

Reaction score
Hello,
I have the pit boss 700 series. (Discontinued, I bough the last one Lowe's had last winter) I have done 4 cooks with it now and every time I have the same problems. Problem 1) After the desired temp is reached and I have my meat in the smoker, when the exhaust fan comes on after a few seconds a loud poof noise happens and the temp flares way up. 2) I believe this lead to my second problem. My meat has like a black tar on it. The inside of my smoker has what would look like black grease caked all over the inside, but once it dries it peels off like paper. 3) I believe this is changing the flavor of my meat. I usually love smoked food, but these have not tasted right once. 4) there is no smoke stack or anymore vents I could open.
I do not know what to do and at this point I think I wasted my money.

I would try to contact Pit Boss and see if they can help you with this. Spot means incomplete combustion. Are you vacuuming out the fire pot before each session? The built in cleaning brush is kind of lousy for actual cleaning of the fire pot.

Also make sure your fan intake isn’t blocked in any way.

What pellets are you using?

Yes, give them a call 877-303-3134 and leave a call back number. I have also heard they respond quickly if you send them a message on Facebook. Even though you have a discontinued model they will ship replacement parts for free

Hello this Mrs Angeline Gorham , I purchased a Pit Boss from Lowe's on 9/26/2020 and today it catch on fire . I have a warrenty. on this grill. how do we get a replace. here is the Model # PBV4PS1

Hello this Mrs Angeline Gorham , I purchased a Pit Boss from Lowe's on 9/26/2020 and today it catch on fire . I have a warrenty. on this grill. how do we get a replace. here is the Model # PBV4PS1
I would suggest calling Pit Boss at the number above. You are probably past the return date to Lowe's. Sorry for the fire, that is not good at all.

Latest Discussions

Back