Fan

Rondb1

Reaction score
I have a Laredo 1000 and I’ve had it for almost 2 years. It always took a long time to heat up and I replaced everything. I called last week and the grill was trying to heat and I asked how long the fan stayed off and I was told it doesn’t turn off. Mine has been doing that since new. So they sent me a new fan and I questioned that because it’s intermittent. Put the new fan in and it does the same thing so they are sending me another board. I think they just replace parts until it works. I thought it was the board but they said I didn’t know what I was talking about. In my experience a electric fan either worked or didn’t. I think the read the troubleshooting chart and know nothing about the grill If want to cook at 12 I start the grill at 10, if high temps even longer. If this don’t fix it I’m done with pit boss because there is nothing left to replace. And there was no error codes which should show if fan don’t work

I have a Laredo 1000 and I’ve had it for almost 2 years. It always took a long time to heat up and I replaced everything. I called last week and the grill was trying to heat and I asked how long the fan stayed off and I was told it doesn’t turn off. Mine has been doing that since new. So they sent me a new fan and I questioned that because it’s intermittent. Put the new fan in and it does the same thing so they are sending me another board. I think they just replace parts until it works. I thought it was the board but they said I didn’t know what I was talking about. In my experience an electric fan either worked or didn’t. I think the read the troubleshooting chart and know nothing about the grill If want to cook at 12 I start the grill at 10, if high temps even longer. If this don’t fix it I’m done with pit boss because there is nothing left to replace. And there was no error codes which should show if fan don’t work
How often do you clean the temperature sensor?
If it’s dirty that’ll cause that issue

How often do you clean the temperature sensor?
If it’s dirty that’ll cause that issue
I clean the probe after 2 uses, the fan turns off and it has to run al the time. when the fan turns off it can drop 50 or more degrees. I thought the fan cycled on and off since its been doing it since new but it should never turn off according to Pit Boss. I have replaced every part on this grill including the board which the first one wouldn`t connect to wifi.

I clean the probe after 2 uses, the fan turns off and it has to run al the time. when the fan turns off it can drop 50 or more degrees. I thought the fan cycled on and off since its been doing it since new but it should never turn off according to Pit Boss. I have replaced every part on this grill including the board which the first one wouldn`t connect to wifi.
My 820 runs all the time
Are all of the connections tight?
Could have something to do with it being Wi-Fi hence why I don’t care to have one.
They’ve had so many issues with those Wi-Fi controllers

My 820 runs all the time
Are all of the connections tight?
Could have something to do with it being Wi-Fi hence why I don’t care to have one.
They’ve had so many issues with those Wi-Fi controllers
All the connections are good, I even took the cover off the board to check those. When the fan stops I should get a error code if fan is bad. Never got one so I thought it was the board but I was told I was wrong. Now they say it is the board. I think it is the board but more like firmware not hardware. I saved all the old parts so I have good spare parts since everything I replaced was good.

All the connections are good, I even took the cover off the board to check those. When the fan stops I should get an error code if fan is bad. Never got one so I thought it was the board but I was told I was wrong. Now they say it is the board. I think it is the board but more like firmware not hardware. I saved all the old parts so I have good spare parts since everything I replaced was good.
Good you saved them. They’ve also been having issues with the controllers
I’d gave them send me another one

I'd call and have them keep replacing controllers or buy your unit back. Something on the board is dropping voltage here and there.

I'd call and have them keep replacing controllers or buy your unit back. Something on the board is dropping voltage here and there.
They are sending a new board. I hooked 110 to the fan I took out and it ran for 2 hours non stop. That fan is good. I will put the new board in and if that don’t work it’s a software glitch

They are sending a new board. I hooked 110 to the fan I took out and it ran for 2 hours non stop. That fan is good. I will put the new board in and if that don’t work it’s a software glitch
Something on the control board is dropping the voltage, a relay or something. Either way the new controllers are free.

Something on the control board is dropping the voltage, a relay or something. Either way the new controllers are free.
When the grill was new it wouldn't connect to wifi, sent a new board, auger motor was bad and that was replaced. Taking over a hour to heat up they replaced the temp probe, the igniter and still takes a long time to heat up. I called last week to vent after 1.5 hours waiting for the grill to get to 350, the temp dropped 50 degrees and I asked how often did the fan recycle and they said it does not turn off while running, and the rep said the fan was bad, and I asked if controller could be bad and he said no way. Put new motor in same thing. They said controller just turned the fan on when power is turned on, why does fan run when power is turned off? There is nothing else to replace. If fan cuts off this time I have a lemon. and I know I'm stuck with it. I will not sell it not working, maybe cut it up for scrap metal.

When the grill was new it wouldn't connect to wifi, sent a new board, auger motor was bad and that was replaced. Taking over a hour to heat up they replaced the temp probe, the igniter and still takes a long time to heat up. I called last week to vent after 1.5 hours waiting for the grill to get to 350, the temp dropped 50 degrees and I asked how often did the fan recycle and they said it does not turn off while running, and the rep said the fan was bad, and I asked if controller could be bad and he said no way. Put new motor in same thing. They said controller just turned the fan on when power is turned on, why does fan run when power is turned off? There is nothing else to replace. If fan cuts off this time I have a lemon. and I know I'm stuck with it. I will not sell it not working, maybe cut it up for scrap metal.
They'll make it right, even if they have to send you a new unit.

They'll make it right, even if they have to send you a new unit.
They will replace all the components but not the grill as I've been told. when I set temp to 225 it takes a little over a hour to get their and the temp will drop about 15 degrees and come back up. If I want 350 or higher that's a 2+ hour wait. I do not have faith in the grill or company. The warehouse that sends parts is about 5 miles from my house and I can't pick up the parts so I have to wait a week or more to get them. They don't want to save on shipping I guess, but this controller does not fix the problem I will make it work and kill the warranty.

They will replace all the components but not the grill as I've been told. when I set temp to 225 it takes a little over a hour to get their and the temp will drop about 15 degrees and come back up. If I want 350 or higher that's a 2+ hour wait. I do not have faith in the grill or company. The warehouse that sends parts is about 5 miles from my house and I can't pick up the parts so I have to wait a week or more to get them. They don't want to save on shipping I guess, but this controller does not fix the problem I will make it work and kill the warranty.
I started the grill up today to take some pics When my phone shows the fan is off the controller says on and the fan is off. By what I have read if the fan cuts off by itself there should be a error. As I said earlier I put another controller in and saved the old one so I put the old one in and upgraded for the app and the fan is on and off. What are the chances of 2 controllers doing the same thing I'm going to find a complete component and wiring diagram and dig in deeper. Pit boss didn't mention when I bought the grill I was going to be the service department and do all the work myself. The wiring harness could be bad or other parts I have a heavy duty drop cord and it's on a 30 amp breaker. When the new controller arrives I'll know. It's going on 2 years.

I got the new controller today and installed it, The new app said the fan was off when it got to 190. So I called pit boss. The app said no fan and the controller said the fan was running. I got underneath it and the fan was running at a slow speed. The tech did some research and and the Laredo the fan does run at different speeds and when its on low speed it is real quite and the tech said he didn`t know that. When the fan slows down the app says it is off. The grill heated up real fast this time. Before I put the new board on when the app said the fan was off the board did to. So the fan problem is fixed but the app doesn`t see the slow speed. The tech said he would inform the software dept. about that problem. I guess pit boss has techs that will find out if there is a problem and fix it and others will say the fan runs at one speed only and I don`t know what I`m talking about because I asked that question a lot in the pass few weeks and finally got a answer. Now see how long it lasts and the new app has issues according to pit boss.

I got the new controller today and installed it, The new app said the fan was off when it got to 190. So I called pit boss. The app said no fan and the controller said the fan was running. I got underneath it and the fan was running at a slow speed. The tech did some research and and the Laredo the fan does run at different speeds and when its on low speed it is real quite and the tech said he didn`t know that. When the fan slows down the app says it is off. The grill heated up real fast this time. Before I put the new board on when the app said the fan was off the board did to. So the fan problem is fixed but the app doesn`t see the slow speed. The tech said he would inform the software dept. about that problem. I guess pit boss has techs that will find out if there is a problem and fix it and others will say the fan runs at one speed only and I don`t know what I`m talking about because I asked that question a lot in the pass few weeks and finally got a answer. Now see how long it lasts and the new app has issues according to pit boss.
Congratulations on getting it up and running
Roll that smoke 💨!

Latest Discussions

Back