Err code and wont turn off

Crappie

Reaction score
Please help before it is about to go behind the shed to die. I got a pit boss that showed a err code. I thought it might had been the control panel so I replaced it. Welp nope not it. Now the panel just says err and won't do anything not even turn off, you have to unplug it.

you do hold the power button for 3 seconds to turn it off right?
I'm not sure what model you have.

Tried it won't do anything. It is a classic. I even checked the wire to the temp probe and it seems fine.

It is probably the RTD probe (temp probe on the inside). Mine did the same thing and I replaced to probe and it works fine now. Pit Boss replaced it for free but I got tired of waiting on them so I bought one on Amazon with one day shipping. The one from PB finally arrived but I stored it away as a back up. Give PB a call and maybe they can help.

It is probably the RTD probe (temp probe on the inside). Mine did the same thing and I replaced to probe and it works fine now. Pit Boss replaced it for free but I got tired of waiting on them so I bought one on Amazon with one day shipping. The one from PB finally arrived but I stored it away as a back up. Give PB a call and maybe they can help.
Update.....that's what it was. I got one off of Amazon and put it in yesterday and it fired right up.....thank you

Latest Discussions

Back