Does anyone know how to access the hidden PID controller parameters menu?

bobsbbq

Reaction score
I have worked with many different types of PID controllers in the past, as well as programming them in my line of work for many years. Savanna Stoker, Roanoke Controllers, Smoke Daddy etc, all have a hidden menu for changing some parameters for the controllers. Usually it's a 2 button press while turning the grill on.
One of the most useful parameters is the rtd temperature offset. And depending on your location and climate, you can adjust this to get closer Temps to your setpoint.
If anyone knows how to enter this menu on my controller or maybe an older one please let me know. If you don't wish to make this public I understand and you can send me a message.

I have worked with many different types of PID controllers in the past, as well as programming them in my line of work for many years. Savanna Stoker, Roanoke Controllers, Smoke Daddy etc, all have a hidden menu for changing some parameters for the controllers. Usually it's a 2 button press while turning the grill on.
One of the most useful parameters is the rtd temperature offset. And depending on your location and climate, you can adjust this to get closer Temps to your setpoint.
If anyone knows how to enter this menu on my controller or maybe an older one please let me know. If you don't wish to make this public I understand and you can send me a message.
Why would no one want to share this publicly? Does messing with it void warranty or something and pit boss will track us down on this forum then charge us with conspiracy to commit evidence tampering?

Why would no one want to share this publicly? Does messing with it void warranty or something and pit boss will track us down on this forum then charge us with conspiracy to commit evidence tampering?
Well, some people don't know what they are doing. If you don't know what you are doing and change a setting, you could mess up your controller. There are many variables and some of them aren't named in a manner to be self explanatory unless you understand the terminology. In the case of Roanoke Controllers, I already knew how to access theirs, and another company had them build one for them. This other company ask me not to share it publicly. I'm pretty sure if you mess up the controller by changing settings, they could void your warranty.

Well, some people don't know what they are doing. If you don't know what you are doing and change a setting, you could mess up your controller. There are many variables and some of them aren't named in a manner to be self explanatory unless you understand the terminology. In the case of Roanoke Controllers, I already knew how to access theirs, and another company had them build one for them. This other company ask me not to share it publicly. I'm pretty sure if you mess up the controller by changing settings, they could void your warranty.
Yea I've worked with them myself, very easy to make a mess!

Back